Extension for side table

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Bazza2154, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

I would like to explore the possibility of creating an extension rod for the rear table.

I find that when the table is in place it makes it tight for two of us to work in the galley and reduces access to the sink.

My thought is to create an additional support that would attach on to the existing rear table supports but extend across the back of the Teardrop to allow the table to be attached further out.

Hard to put into works and award to make a mock up without the brackets as you would need another set of male/female brackets to attached to this extension.

Final design could incorporate a sliding system integrated into the table so you can adjust at will to site conditions.

We find with the Northern Breeze up and the side tent on one side we have spare space on this side that is not utilised.

Not being an engineer I'm not sure of the stresses or moments this extension would cause.

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have been thinking about finding a portable table for the same reason and leave the Camp Inn tables home. Such as a slumberjack stow away table. Larger, hopefully stands higher.

Hearing gasps thru the internet.

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

We did not get the rear table because we did not want one in front of the galley. We use a simple table from Wal-Mart that folds in 1/2 and has adjustable legs. It is not as convenient as the camp inn table as we have to put it in the cabin when traveling but we have found it very versatile. It was cheap.

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Our solution is Lena cooks and I eat. Plenty of room in the kitchen that way. :)

5. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Evan, you are hilarious! :)

I didn't get the cooler stand (we tend to use the cooler as a seat sometimes), but got the table and asked Cary and the guys to mount the hardware in both locations so I can move the table around depending on what I am doing or what our site looks like. I also have this roll up table that we use. It is quite compact and light, but gives extra work top/eating space and is pretty sturdy given what it is.

http://www.rei.com/product/378009/camp-time-roll-a-table

They make slightly larger ones now too, but the smaller is sufficient for the 3 of us. It also leaves plenty of room under the pop-up/Northern Breeze.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  6. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

I have a similar type of table as well that we carry and use if we need but I like the Camp Inn table especially for quick stops easy to put up.

I just want to make it more versatile

Evan Annie has the same philosophy as you however even when she lets me cook it still gets crowded at times

7. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

I'm the chief cook & bottle washer - Bill can boil a mean pot of water though...but the tables were a no brainer for me - they give the CI a "finished look" and to me it would be ridiculous to pay that much money and not have it "complete." I thought the table by the sink would be too small for us to eat at but I was wrong - it works great. I also bring along a small white foldable table that I put at the end of that table to extend my work space - I usually sit my plastic bin of food up on it and that's my pantry.

I also love the table for the fridge or ice chest. It moves it out of the way and at a level that I don't have to bend over (bad back). Because I use all electric appliances, it frees up the space on the counter for my toaster, Redi-Set-Go, coffee pot, etc. I rarely use the propane stove but would never have not ordered it because one day when we sell it the buyer will most probably want it. But that day's a LOOOONNNNGGG way off!

8. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

I was just catching up with old posts and I saw that I whished for this and it came true. Now I just need Santa to bring me one.

9. birder526

birder526 Novice

Merry Christmas and hope Santa comes through for you!