Fantastic Fan Light Shade?

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Randy, May 10, 2016.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Anyone have a good solution for a removable light shade for the Fantastic Fan? Sometimes I want to sleep "inn." :/

Thanks,

Randy

2. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

just wear an eyeshade

seems much simpler than modifying the trailer

3. birder526

birder526 Novice

I can sleep through anything, so the daylight or Walmart lights don't bother me!!

4. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  5. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Thank you Sherry and Jenn for your great posts. I should have done a search first. I'm going to have to commission my niece who is a quilter/sewer to come up with something similar for us. I appreciate you resharing your ideas!

Randy

Kevin S likes this.
  6. Lee

Lee Newbie

I use a dark colored bandana. Sew paper clips to each corner. Bend out the ends of each clip and slide under the frame of the fan along the beadboard roof grooves. Easy, cheap, effective and removable!

Sweeney, Randy and Kevin S like this.
  7. Kevin S

Kevin S Ranger

Clever!

8. bcweiss

bcweiss Novice

I bought a dark woven placemat at a thrift store. I attached Velcro to the mat and the fan casing. Easily removed and can vary how tight it is if we want ventilation.

Randy likes this.
  9. TroutBum

TroutBum Novice

I couldn't find a single after market item that worked.

I wound up purchasing one of the Ultra breeze fan covers (large PE plastic shield that lets you open even when raining).
    I just throw it in cabin and load it up with pillows or clothing for transport so it doesn't really take up much room. It's not 100%, but it makes bright sunlight more like cloudy day.

I added some shock-cord and a couple of hooks to secure it on my 560 when stationary. It's rock solid tested in 60mph gusts ;)

dustinp likes this.
  10. Sunshade (curtain) For Fan

Velcro at the corners to hold it in place, and a curved wire stiffener to keep the fan from sucking it up into it. Works fine, as long as the fabric is dark and opaque enough to do the job.

dustinp and Kevin S like this.
  11. KarenBee

KarenBee Novice

Can I see a picture of this? I am curious about the way that you have it secured. Thanks!

12. Just secured at the 4 corners with 1”adhesive Velcro tape. The tape sticks well to the smooth fan frame well. But I needed to staple it to the fabric, for obvious reasons. Sewing would also work, for a more finished product.

Kevin S likes this.