Sun Roof Fantastic Fan/sunroof Feedback Needed

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by PaulaV, Mar 4, 2011.

1. PaulaV

PaulaV Novice

I'm considering a used 550 Ultra. It has everything I like except the fantastic fan, instead there is a sun roof. It does have A/C. I'm wondering for those of you who have a sun roof what kind of air flow do you get with windows open and sun roof open in the evening? Do you use your fan often and under what circumstances?

thanks

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Paula,

Excellant question.
    I don't have a sun roof put have considered ventilation in the same senerio.

There are a number methods to create airflow.
    Open door windows, use the AC fan, use a small fan in the cabin.
    Can the furnace have a fan option only? If the furnace fan can be used without heat, then this unit should have excellant air flow options without the fantastic fan.

I have owned my 550 since October, camped only in cold weather.
    I am a person who likes white noise, the fantastic fan creates great white noice, nice air flow. Mine doesn't have AC.

My opinion, I have seen the unit for sale and the couple. The 550 has had excellant care. The price point is very reasonable.

Jean

3. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

I was going to say - buy a small fan and put it on the shelf - I too like white noise when sleeping.

4. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Paula,

Ours has a sunroof but not A/C or fan/vent. We've had it for 10 years. Having the door screens is a huge bonus. Ours didn't have them, as when it was built that wasn't an option. Due to some improvements done a couple of years ago, door screens were able to be added. Prior to that time & even now, we use a fan that runs on AC or DC power or batteries. That, combined with having the sunroof open, has been more than enough ventilation.

:cool:

5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

We have a fantastic fan and no sun roof and we love it. But we wanted a fan to keep our dog from over heating in hot humid weather and something to keep the air moveing in our Northern Breeze (In MN hot humid and bugs). We tried a small fan but it was pretty ineffective. We found that the fantastic fan company makes a portable fan. It is called EndlessBreeze. It is 13 1/4" square and (14" tall including the handle and swingout feet. It is less than 3" thick. It is 12 volt and you could buy an adapter for AC. It is under 5#, low sound, low amp draw (low 1.18 amp, med 1.62 amp, high 2.58 amp). Moves air at up to 10 MPH.
    We use it in the back of our Grand Caravan (as it is quieter and more effective than the van fan) and in our Northern Breeze it works extremly well. It is not cheap - about $69. It's swing out feet and handle are made so it can be hung on a wire dog crate. I think it would work great in a Camp-Inn cabin but we have not needed it there.

6. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Pat,
    That fan sounds great - I'm going to keep that info. for future reference. Thanks!

7. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Pat,

I like your Endless Breeze. Ours is an O2 & is similar but smaller. The unit is 12"x13"x3.5" but the fan itself is 10." It also has multiple speeds & you can either hang it up or set it on a shelf. It is very quiet. I lucked out & was able to get it on clearance a few years back for $15. I liked it because you could run it on DC or AC power. Never have used the battery option. I can no longer find one like it, with all three power options. You can get it with AC & battery but no longer with the DC option.

Here is a picture of the ones you can get now. Although the options on it have changed, the style has not - it looks just like ours.

[​IMG]

:cool:

8. PaulaV

PaulaV Novice

Great! experienced replies! yes, now I'm feeling better about options and I like the ac/dc fans as well. I just kind of liked the idea of pulling in the cool night air. But now I don't think it's gonna be the issue I thought it might be. Dashing off to stare at fans now.