Fantastic Fan Fantastic Fan Troubles

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Lane and Michael, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Lane and Michael

Lane and Michael Junior Ranger Donating Member

My fan closes just as it should in even the slightest drizzle, but it never opens up by itself after it has had a chance to dry. Can someone tell me please what the settings should be so that it'll reopen? I have changed the temp settings from blue to red and back, and aside from that, I cannot think of what else to do. I hope someone will be able to give me an idea to try.

The current settings are: the camper's car battery is turned on. The fan's switch is set to on, lowest speed. The switch near the manual crank is set so that the fan's lid is open. The exhaust/intake switch is set to neutral and the temp knob could be anything from red to blue. I'm stumped. Very glad that it closes, but it has been terribly hot closed up tight for hours after the shower's end.

2. smitz

smitz Newbie

After a rain, my lid closes as expected, but sometimes mine requires pressing the closed toggle switch and then pressing the open toggle switch...to get lid to open. It will not open just by pressing the open switch.

3. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

My lid never opens after a rain. I have to do the same as Smitz, toggle off and then toggle on. I thought that was the normal operation.

4. Lane and Michael

Lane and Michael Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have to do that same operation, but my understanding is that after the fan has had a chance to dry, it should open on its own, without human intervention. Mine won't do that, and I believe it is supposed to.