Flash Decorations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I couldn't leave well enough alone and knew I had to add the trailer number to the nose. But I wanted something else too. These are decals and will come off easily in the first year so I'm not locked into them. I'm also thinking of wrapping the fenders with a similar decal.
    DSCN8425.JPG
    I also put a dark tint on the front part of the side windows. Here the curtain is shown behind both halves. That curtain is an eye sore from the outside and I usually travel with it mostly open.
    DSCN8432.JPG

Aleko likes this.
  2. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Like the decals. Why not red/orange/yellow flames?

3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I thought of that but the colored decals just did not give it justice. I checked into having flames air brushed but don't want to spend $10,000 doing it.

Jim Carter likes this.
  4. Lynne & Scott

Lynne & Scott Junior Ranger Donating Member

That looks great! I am all about decals - easy, temporary, affordable way to personalize a vehicle or trailer. In fact, I wonder how a wrap would do on the trailer. A great way to protect the siding too! I am in the process of embracing the orange on my Camp-inn and incorporating it into my Jeep “Calamity”. I may add some decals to the trailer as well to tie it all in.

5. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

I like it, i am thinking about protective wrap as well, I think it would hold pretty good, what is your intake on it

6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I like the finish of the aluminum.

7. Lynne & Scott

I have mixed feelings. The siding of the Camp-inn helps with the retro feel of the camper. I think a wrap would help with the upkeep and protect the siding. You could have a lot of fun in the design end of it but again then you lose some of that charm of the teardrop/raindrop. Again, the beauty of a wrap is that it is temporary and easily removed/changed.

8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Wraps are not cheap.

I received the fender decals and put one on the trailer. It was way too wide and not long enough. Sure it fit but it just didn't look right so I ordered another set of decals. The new set is only 6 inches wide instead of 8 and the length is 56 inches instead of 48. The flame will now run the entire length of the fender.

9. Lynne & Scott

I would love to see it!

10. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

This is just a teaser. When they are on and I’m on my trip to Missouri I’ll stop and take a glamour picture.

11. Lynne & Scott

Hahaha - I can’t wait! I just realized our campers are 100 apart (Mine is 831)

12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

They build about six and a half trailers a month according to Cary. I'm still trying to figure out who would want a half of a trailer. :)

Lynne & Scott likes this.