Foam mattress topper question

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Mick'nSarah, May 7, 2011.

1. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Hi everyone!

I have a question for folks who have a 560. We just got a memory foam mattress topper, and I haven't put it in yet, but have been thinking about what I need to do with it, when we have the couch in the seated position (in the brackets to position it over the mattress. It is 2.5 inches tall, and I am wondering if I am going to need to cut a bit off the top so the couch can still be in this position.

What have you done when it comes to this? Would love any advice.

Thanks!

2. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

We have a 2 inch Memory foam and it's a bit lower than the couch and I put a a pillow under my knees, so don't worry about the extra 1/2 inch being in the way. We just lift the foam AND mattress up to hook the couch in- but once it's in we don't move the couch back- we leave it there, sleep on the mattress and sit on the couch.

3. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

With extra foam the couch may sometimes have a little trouble finding the slot to rest in on the front. As long as you have it positioned over the correct spot it should settle into place once you sit on it. Not a big deal, just something to pay attention to.