Front Handles

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Rutger Puts, May 18, 2024.

1. Rutger Puts

Rutger Puts Novice

We were not impressed by the Nucamp Tag trailer, but it did have very nice handles in the front to move it around. After having to maneuver our 550 on a campsite by hand a few times, I got motivated.
    Bought the stainless handles on Amazon.
    2Pcs 9 Inch Boat Grab Bar, Stainless Steel Boat Handles Handrail Multipurpose for Marine Boat Yacht https://a.co/d/8gGS6QJ
    Measured carefully where to mount them. Sealed it liberally with a good silicone caulk. The most difficult was getting the right lengths of 1/4” flat head machine screws. I was grinding down 1-1/4” ones but after pressing the aluminum skin flat against the wall, the 1” ones were just right. On the inside it looks nice with the stainless cap nuts.
    I spoke to Craig about the idea last year. He said mounting them on the storage cubby side walls would work also as that is a very strong construction and then you wouldn’t see any nuts on the inside.

Attached Files:

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Looks good. You're much braver than me.

Sweeney likes this.
  3. Sweet!
    Those could do double purpose attaching tarp guylines,beac/dog towel drying out clotheslines, bungees etc.

(Edit added) ...and a tieoff point for the G6 or a NB12x12 with a door/screen cutout for where screen sides are secured close to CI skin for skeeters proofing...its coming up on biting/bllodsucking yellow fly season in FL swampy spots...hate those sumb1tches)

pending a mod report by DustinP idea for suction cup pole positioning...hmmm! Triple purpose!)

I'm also too chicken (yet!) to poke holes in the skin but now ya got me thinking...

Fyi, to all with older models if you can get a copy of your original build CD, you can be sure to avoid the wiring channels milled in the sidewalls core plywood so you dont cut a wire (my fear!).

There is another gent here with multiple piercings...
    Seems to be ok.
    No! Not that kind...jeez.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2024
    dustinp likes this.
  4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

HAHAHAHAAHAHA

5. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Yeah, that fad can't go away soon enough for my taste, but YTMV

Kevin Bat-Tree Killah likes this.