Great Lakes Circle Tour or Travels with Squatchy

Discussion in 'Long Haul' started by adrianneross, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Looks like a great trip and love all the photos! Thanks for sharing! We rented a 560 (to "try before we buy") for 10 days around Labor Day 2013 and went up to Lake Superior from Pictured Rock NL to the Porcupine Mountains and back down to Devil's Lake SP, WI.....so beautiful....we loved it! And we had our first ever pasties on that trip from Syl's Cafe in Ontonagon, MI.....ordered them to go and had them with potato soup that night for supper at our amazing campsite in Ontonagon Township Park right on the beach of Lake Superior. Our whole family loved the pasties from Syl's!

2. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Wow what a great trip, love your pics

3. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

Thanks everyone! We're not very good about taking pictures (and Squatchy was hopeless) but we had a great time and it was quite the experience, living in 40 sq ft. - of course, it doesn't feel small when the world is our living room.

Lake Superior was amazing - especially the Canadian section. Highly recommended. We ran into persistent low clouds at around the half-way point, so we'll have to go back! Lesson learned: next time we decide to do an off-season trip (before Memorial day, after Labor Day), we'll do a better job of checking our "star destination" (state/provincial/national park) schedules - we ran into two Ontario parks (Neys and Rainbow Falls) that closed on the 20th of September - which we thought was surprisingly early.

Some of the goofiest stuff ended up being the most memorable - Lakenland was quite charming - I guess we have to thank Squatchy for that. He's finally with his "forever home" parents in Iowa. I expect him to show up at Camp Inn Camp Outt next year.

4. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Hi, Guys! What a great trip. Have been out of town but heading back tonight. PM me with last name and address and I'll send your pin.
    Kathy Piggott (KathyBob)

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi!
    I was curious about the pins you send folks. Would you explain it? We full-time, since April 1, and have traveled around 9000 miles. Please enlighten us! Thanks!

6. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Diane,

Go to the Forum List and open that; the 4th category down, you'll find Camp-Inn Awards. Evan has the information there on the various pins, etc.

Btw...I've enjoyed reading your blog. You and Michael must be having the time of your lives.

Deb

7. Gypsy

Gypsy Junior Ranger Donating Member

Wow! Great adventures and great pics! Glad you posted a link to these on your retirement post.