Update Hello From Diane And Michael!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by birder526, Jun 17, 2016.

1. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hope everyone is well and getting ready to escape the heat and travel!

We want to share a photo of our new 20' R-pod travel trailer. So far, we are happy and learning more about her each day! Favorite things are an outdoor shower, bathroom, slide-out, and a nice size kitchen area! And our cat loves the extra space too!

Happy trails!

aviary-image-1466181214221.jpeg 20160614_193932.jpg

2. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

I can see how full-timing would be a challenge in the 550. I'm sure the R-pod will be more comfortable. I'll be curious to hear if there are significant downsides such as more difficult to tow on highways or off road to boondock sites or more difficult to maneuver off the hitch once at the site. We don't see full-timing in our mid range future so hopefully a 550 will be just right for trips up to 2-3 weeks in length. I really hope you 2 stay involved in this forum as I and I suspect many others value your contributions and insight.

birder526 likes this.
  3. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Nice. Can you imagine what a CampInn Standy might be like? I bet it would be pretty darn incredible. But I hear the RPods are nice units though...seen them in campgrounds but never seen the insides.

4. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

D&M,

Looks great, like the slide out. Send some interior pics once you have everything settled.

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thank you all for your posts! Yes, we bet a CI standy would be pretty spectacular!! A rival to airstream!!

The rpod really reduced our mpg from 18 mpg with our 550 to about 10 to 12 with the rpod. A significant downside, but we love all of the other features, so we'll have to make do. We have a higher rise, but less than the CI SUV package. So we might be limited somewhat in off-roading, but we're presently boondocking in a national forest and had no trouble coming in on the dirt road. We will see what the future holds.

We love the slide-out, outdoor shower, having a bathroom on board, and really all of the features! We do have AC and a heater which we didn't have with our TD. Our next step will be to purchase solar panels. We are set up for Zamp, and they're costly compared to Renogy. But, we boondock a lot, so we have to invest!

Here are some interior photos!
    20160616_122712.jpg
    20160616_122547_001.jpg
    20160616_122526_001.jpg

Rpods are reasonably priced for all you get, so we are happy! It is definitely more comfortable for full timing with the two of us and Nevelle (who is happy with his new digs).
    20160619_171608_001.jpg

6. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thank you!!

In addition to what I just wrote below, we do have a weight distributing hitch with anti-sway bars and it works like a charm. Even with a semi roaring by, we are stable! We typically don't drive above 60 mph.