Hello From St. Louis!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by justathought, Jun 15, 2016.

1. justathought

justathought Newbie

I've had my little 2003 Camp Inn camper for only a couple of months but I love it!

JeremyB likes this.
  2. JeremyB

JeremyB Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the forums! How many trips have you done so far?

3. justathought

justathought Newbie

Hi Jeremy! I've camped 3x in the past 2 months (weekends) which is more than I've been able to do in years. Local only so far. Gave up my 20' older RV when I found this Camp Inn camper in April. The ease of travel now is awesome!

4. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Yep, they do make camping really enjoyable. Being in Austin, I don't go camping much during the summer. But I try to go every other weekend during spring and fall.

5. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Love the Woodie!

6. justathought

justathought Newbie

Thanks Randy. The one side had some water damage.... I had to patch some parts so I may end up painting it (it kills me but I want it to look nice). Any suggestions?

7. Randy

That would be a shame. Wonder if Cary would have any thoughts. Could it be sanded and refinished?

8. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Welcome! Woodies are cool!

9. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Welcome & congratulations on your beautiful woodie! I hope you find a good solution to save that awesome wood finish.
    Like you, we had a 22 foot travel trailer and because of the hassle & high gas prices (2013 & earlier) we were not using it enough to justify keeping it (maybe 1-2 outings a year). We sold it and bought our 560 Ultra and have zero regrets......just really big grins now that it's so easy to hitch up & go! And we do go camping now probably 5 times as much as we used to in a year's time.

Casandra

10. justathought

justathought Newbie

I did sand the old, cracked clear coat off but mildew had formed in places under that... I used a recommended product for the mildew which worked, but then curled the affected birch wood/plywood. I had to clip that out (no way could you clear coat over). Then I had to wood putty to fill in... Long story short, you can really see the putty fills (I've sealed it several times). Not sure which way to jump now. It's only one side too. Pale yellow is my color of choice should choose I paint it.

11. Randy

I wonder if you could send the doors in to CampInn for wood replacement. I suspect that would cost some $, just the shipping alone might be pretty expensive. Know any local craftsman that would have a go?

12. justathought

justathought Newbie

Thanks Randy but it isn't the door as much... It's more between the door and the kitchen.

13. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

How about painting an interesting design on the damaged part? Some cool stripes or petroglyphs might be nice. Or perhaps a Navajo design. upload_2016-6-16_15-45-26.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    birder526, Mark & Casandra and Randy like this.
  14. justathought

justathought Newbie

Hmmmm I do like that!

15. As much as I love the look of the wood, I agree with the painting a design idea. That's a way you can personalize it and solve the patch problem as well. Enjoy!