Hi

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Lane and Michael, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Lane and Michael

Lane and Michael Junior Ranger Donating Member

Having just found this site, I thought my wife and I ought to join. We ordered a trailer last fall and it is waiting at the dealer here in Maine for us to pick up. Very excited to know it is very nearly ours. Have its new license plate as of today, it's raining hard, washing the corrosives off into the aquifers, so that when we pick up the trailer, maybe on Saturday, it shouldn't have rusted by the time it gets home. They torture vehicles in Maine over the winter. Awful. Looking forward to reading your suggestions about how to make efficient use of the space in our new RD.

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Welcome to the fun, and congrats on your new camper! You'll find lots of good people here and tons of valuable info to make camping even more enjoyable. Have fun!

3. Lane and Michael

Thank you. It looks as though there are hours and hours of reading ahead, all filled with interesting ideas. My excitement about this trailer is like a little kid's at a birthday. It'll be a lot of fun. We've not taken a vacation in nearly two decades. Time to get going.

4. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Welcome & Congratulations! This forum is the best place to learn from great folks who share ideas, lessons learned, wisdom gained & their grand adventures for new & old CampInn owners alike to revel in. Let us know how your "pick up" goes. Wishing you lots of great times ahead!

Casandra

5. Lane and Michael

6. Lane and Michael

Because both of us tend to take more than we need, having your guide will help keep us under control. There are also any number of things I would not have thought of. Many thanks!

7. Lane and Michael

Only a week later than planned, we will pick up our new trailer tomorrow afternoon!

rrjusa, Jenn and Warren Mary Ellen like this.
  8. Lane and Michael

And what a lovely little trailer it is. Just as we arrived Alan and Rachel of Poplar Hill RV in Turner, Maine were launching another raindrop, being towed by a Mini, of all things, which surprised me, as I thought I might be pushing my luck using my old Volvo. They showed us everything, set up the side tent, checked the stove. I hadn't expected that the propane tank would be full. It is clear that Camp Inn doesn't cut corners. Everything was spotless and without flaw. Lane and I are delighted with our new trailer. We've never had a camper of any sort before, in fact we have taken no vacations in more than thirteen years and hope to change that sorry situation.

Tom & Diana P, Evan and Ben like this.
  9. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Welcome, get ready for some fun...

10. Lane and Michael

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope we will get a chance to take a short trip soon.

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask the following questions:

I wonder if anyone can help me put my location on the member's map. I have looked for information on that, but my searches led me nowhere.

If anyone has a 98 or thereabouts Volvo, did you experience an unwillingness of the turn signals to work properly when connected to the trailer? Mine work properly for a short time before the computer takes over and makes the turn signal stay on without blinking. I know everything is wired properly. I've ordered a new hazard flasher because the turn signals are wired in to that somehow, but I thought there might be more to it. I sometimes miss the days when a heavy duty flasher was all anyone needed. I used to understand my cars back then.