Hitch Installation in the San Francisco Bay area

Discussion in 'Towing & Tow Vehicles' started by Margaret and Ed, Aug 17, 2013.

1. We are super excited that our Teardrop is due to be picked up next month. We have bought our new Subaru Outback as the tow vehicle but have yet to buy and install the hitch due to all the discussion about voiding the warranty. It seems that if we spend the large amount of money having the subaru hitch installed we still only end up with the 4 pin plus no brake controller. So here is my question: Does anyone have recommendations for hitch installers around this area - even better - anyone who specializes with Subaru?

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

I would suggest Chilson Subaru in Eau Clare, WI.
    http://www.chilsonsubaru.com/index.htm

My Subaru Outback was used, they installed a class 2 Curtis hitch and 7 pin. Curtis hitches are made in the Eau Claire, Wi area.
    Talk with Mark Foos, he is a great, honest salesman.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. Thanks Jean. I was hoping to have it taken care of before we left California. But if all else fails that is good information to know.

4. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

I don't know what the Subaru issue is. But maybe I voided my Volvo warranty.....

We used a place in Redwood City that specializes in trailers. I would guess there is a place in the east bay that does the same...?

-Al

5. This is a bit late but I wanted to thank you for the suggestion to go to the Subaru dealer in Au Claire. They were fabulous - in no time they wired our back up lights and installed the brake controller. They even allowed us in the shop to look under the car to see what they had done. Great experience and good coffee across the street if you don't get hit crossing the road. So thanks!

6. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Simon,

Were they surprised to have a customer from California wire your car?

Jean

7. A little! But after we explained what we were doing it made sense. They seemed to think it was no big deal and we felt better knowing that it was a Subaru person who installed it.