iPad hookup to TV

Discussion in 'Technology Corner' started by ghaynes, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

So just got done watching my first movie from the iPad. Easy hook up. HDMI cable to the HDMI iPad adapter and you are off and running.

Even better when the movie is done you can use the TV as an external monitor.

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Gary,

Do you have a TV in your tear? If not, what did you use to play the DVD?

Is the iPad better to watch a movie then the TV, if so, why?

Jean

3. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

I do have the TV Jenn. But I rent DVD's from Netflix and transfer them to my iPad. I am on a lot of airplane trips so use it there for movies and books. Runs great hooked up to the tv.

And the sound was better than the iPad unless I were to put on my Bosr headset. And the distance is good so I can leave my glasses off

4. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Jenn I have Netflix on my ipad and a Netflix acount so if I have wifi I can watch any thing on Netflix. In fact when you posted about The Way. I watched it late one night with the ear buds. Worked great laying in bed with the ipad proped on a pillow.

Gary when you say you transferred the movie to your ipad - do you really make a copy on the ipad?

And Gary I love your reflections beautiful!

5. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Yes I uses a piece of Mac software called Handbrake.

6. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Gary thanks have not heard of hand break but will look that up.
    I have been a PC person and just new at the ipad and iphone but love them.

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Handbrake is awesome. The same can be done on a PC, it just takes a few extra steps.....a search on "DVD ripping" will get you what your looking for...

Don't forget though to buy that DVD. Piracy Is still illegal...