Lots Of Time With Our Little Trailer

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Lane and Michael, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Lane and Michael

Lane and Michael Junior Ranger Donating Member

My wife, Lane, had some business in Toronto and we decided to turn an otherwise boring trip into an adventure. We stopped at state parks in western Maine, and Vermont, provincial parks in Ontario and had a lot of fun. A trip earlier this summer convinced me the old Volvo was no longer a safe TV, and we replaced it with an Outback which, towing the 560, gets about the same mileage the Volvo did unimpeded. Camping does not save money! But in our case it has given us some good memories and a strong urge to see more.

Does anyone know if I can add a roof rack on the 560? Because the tailgate does not open when we have kayaks on the roof of the car, we left them home.

We value our privacy and parks we especially liked that gave us room to spare are Rangeley in Maine, Darlington, Murphys Point and Emily in Ontario.

A couple of days after the big trip, my son, 4 year old grandson and I spent two days at Sebago Lake which we initially thought was a terrible choice. We eventually decided that it is a fine playground for young kids if you bring earplugs, are prepared for no privacy whatsoever and don't mind a lot of noise which gets especially loud with the pre-supper drinking crowd. I'm not going back, although we did have a fine, long paddle in the canoe on a river with a hand-operated lock and draw bridge, and we saw interesting bird life despite the plethora of large boats.

2. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

Talk to Cary at Camp Inn about the roof rack. They offer on as an option, he may be able to send you a kit, and tell you where the brackets should be mounted to the structure.