Mileage

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by jerry and tina, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Not sure if this is the right spot for this but here goes...
    my father asked me how many miles we had on our camper? well that is a different way to look at it I thought. He wondered why we didn't have a odometer(?)to track the miles.

2. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Very good question - I been trying to think of a way to log miles in my Camp-Inn too. I suppose the alternative is to keep a journal. I may have to start one retroactively for the past year. I wonder if Craig or Cary have any thoughts on the odometer listed above...

4. Evan, we do keep a journal of where we have been since the day we picked up our td. We guestimate approx 20-25000 miles on ours now in the 4 years we've had it.

Joan, the hubdometer is interesting. Good find.

5. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

Bear, does that mean you are at the end of the second set of tires, or into the third set?

Hilditch

6. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

We are still on our first set & they are just starting to look a bit tired (no pun intended), so I guess for 80,000 miles, we are doing okay. :)

:cool:

7. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Bear,
    If you want some ideas: You might like to try out Newfoundland. We tent camped there about 20 years ago and it was quite an adventure. The land is very rocky, fishing villages everywhere and lots of places to just pull over and camp as well as 2 wonderful provincial parks. Another place we have camped was northern Manitoba - went as far as we could by car to Tompson camped and then took the train to Hudson's Bay. They have a protected fenced in place where you can leave your car and trailer. When we returned we camped in Flin Flon. It is mostly exposed rock they use dynamite to make holes in the rock to anchor their homes. Huge fish and copper, etc. mines to explore. We used to love to go to the end of the road and these 2 places were real outback.

8. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Bear,
    it Ms. I was very interested to see you lived in Newfoundland. My father was a dog-sled mail carrier in Alaska and brought back a team of dogs when he returned to St. Paul. So I heard many dog sled stories growing up. I read about the Grenfeld missionaries in Newfoundland as a child and just had to go to Newfoundland. 20 years ago Newfoundland was not too interested in people visiting - they always asked "why did you come here" like they just wanted to get away. And being 2 single women camping I think we were pretty much an odity. I think we drove every road in Newfoundland and loved it.