Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I've never seen them :( Or, if I did they were very very light, this was up in Mackinac in 2013 or 2014. I'd love to go back there....

Kevin Bat-Tree Killah likes this.
  2. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Pics from my friends.

Attached Files:

dustinp and Ken & Peggy like this.
  3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Pretty amazing. They were visible in Chicago for the 1st time I'm my memory. Of course it happened a the day I couldn't go out to experience them. Saw some great pictures though. What a treat!

Tour 931 likes this.
  4. Ken & Peggy

Thanks Sweeney, I think I'm in the process of doing just that. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Sweeney likes this.
  5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

You will be in my prayers too.

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  6. Ken & Peggy

Slept all night! I like that! Life's little pleasures :)

7. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Here we go again!

Attached Files:

Tour 931 and Torrey Sweetser like this.
  8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Good morning fellow Camp-Innites. The fires in Canada are making it smoky around here. It makes breathing harder but also makes for great sunrises.
    AF91C588-6CD0-4B42-B3E2-3A1708BE0D7D by Tour 931 posted May 14, 2024 at 4:24 AM

9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Day 2 starting in 30 minutes -- I put in 6 hours work yesterday, cam home an though I was never going to stand again. Feeling good today, goal is to do another 6 or 7 hours. Standing is _hard_ work. I should probably take a waste measurement and weight :)

We've got a gathering coming up this weekend, I'll beheading up Friday. If you're in southern Indiana, the gathering is at Clifty Falls State park, right outside of Madison. Its been a long long time since I was there last, probably 2010 or 2011. We took our Sero Scotty there, not our CI. And we're on our second CI :D

I remember the trails were challenging, but not too bad -- but very pretty. I hope to make it into Madison, its a cute town that I've wanted to visit for some time.

Any pot luck suggestions? I'm out of ideas. The Mississippi Potroast (next time using french onion instead of Au Jus) is probably being done already by th person who told me about it --- so I don't want to do that --- though, having more of a good thing may not be a bad idea :)

One of my team mates took pictures of the light show --- it was solid pink here, I really wish I coul have seen them, but it isnt' looking like I'll get a chance. Though I anticipate the solar flares that kicked this event off may be more prominent this summer. The sun is obviously going into a different cycle...Looks like we get to see if stories about grid failure and solar storms is true...

10. Dang thats purty Tour.
    Does your camera have a Timothy Leary setting?

Torrey Sweetser likes this.
  11. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Torrey Sweetser likes this.
  12. Maybe a salad? like broccoli slaw salad, easy to make ahead and transport.

Kevin Bat-Tree Killah likes this.
  13. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

The camera doesn’t but I did in the 70’s!

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Not a bad idea....I looked; this gathering wasn't the spring gathering of teardrops, just a bunch of people who USED to be teardrop campers, but still ought to be a good time. The hoosier chapter suffered a large number of "git big" -- I regret that I was one of 'em. Stupidest decision I've ever made --- well, one of 'em.

I'm looking forward to seeing some friends I haven't seen this year yet.

15. Carl U

Carl U Junior Ranger

Not sure if you will have access to power... ie Crock Pot

Pot Luck suggestion... Cowboy Beans

Hamburger, Bacon, BBQ sauce and several types of beans

16. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I do, and I do have a crockpot sounds really good. It's been eons since I've had them. Maybe worth a trip to Cowboy Kent Rollin's you tube channel, I bet he's got a well tuned-up recipe for them...

I want to use the tripod and the big dutch oven for that, but to be honest the crockpot probably will win --- throw a liner in it, and flipping a switch sounds a lot easier!

17. Carl U

Carl U Junior Ranger

I make mine something like this...

Cowboy Beans With Bacon and Ground Beef | The Recipe Critic

I'll add black beans, dark red / light red kidney beans couple can of bush's beans and maybe a few more varieties.

I'll also add 2 or more lbs of ground meat / 1 lbs of bacon
    little brown sugar, molasses maybe some ketchup and mustard..

I guess I always cook with a little of this and a little of that :eek:)

18. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I’m home from Madison and my VA doctors appointment. No news is good news. I hated the fact it took us 20 minutes to go 2 miles but loved the Chinese restaurant where we had lunch. The worst part of living in a rural area is there are few good places to eat. And it still takes you 20 minutes to get anywhere because instead of going 6 mph for 2 miles you go 20 miles at 60 mph.