Necedah via Alaska part 2

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by KathyBob, Aug 16, 2014.

1. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Over a year ago, we started a narrative with pictures of our trip to Alaska and then to Necedah for the 2013 CI-CO. Family issues and another trip (if this link to Shutterfly works, we'll start another narrative) interrupted our submission of a narrative. So, before we started our next "big trip," wanted to get this done.

We left Federal Way, WA on August 3, 2013 and returned home October 4, 2013. We put 10,430 miles on "Cutie Pie" and slept in her 47 nights. The remainder of the nights were spent with family in Michigan. We had a wonderful time and Cutie Pie held up beautifully. Hope you enjoy the pictures (and thanks to Jamie and Jim for their inspiration.)

Piggott2013TriptoAlaska

2. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Yeah!!! It worked

3. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Oh mannnnn....
    thank you, thank you, thank you.....

What a great trip... like the Paul Bunyon one too...

So? Bears and Mosquitoes?? problems...

(also, I'd like to post on my Facebook for others to enjoy and I an use as a reference for my trip.. heheh, sometime in the future eh??)

Glaciers were kewl...

thanks again..

4. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Hi, Frank. Feel free to post on your FB, except for the ones with identifiable people - some folks don't want to be that visible! Kathy

Also, this link only has 108 of the 900+ pictures we took. Let us know if you want to get together at any point and look at all of them

5. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

WOW!!! Great pictures, and incredible scenery. What a trip! Makes our East Coast excursions seem quite tame! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Jamie

6. fpoole

thanks Kathy for the "Heads Up" I just deleted the link which was all I posted...
    So no problem...

I got the book you referred me to....
    More pic would just push into it a little faster.. heheh, the ones you posted are just right...

thanks again..

7. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Thanks for using Shutterfly. It was the nudge I needed. Kathy

8. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Kathy and Bob
    Wonderful pictures. Couldn't get thru them all yet. I noticed a wheel "boot" on your camper. Is that to prevent theft? Where did you get it ? Effective? We were thinking of getting the hitch lock but yours looks like it would also work. Difficult to use? How did you get your 7 pin plug fixed? It looks like you had good weather and even saw Mt McKinnley!
    Bob and I would also like to do this trip. Are you going to post any of the details besides the pictures? Would love to read about it.
    Gina

9. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Gina and Bob, the trailer lock is a TriMax. We have two and will use both if feeling particularly paranoid. We also use a hitch lock and a ball lock (figure bad guys will have to be pretty determined to deal with all that.) Found an auto repair shop in Delta Junction, AK to fix the 7pin. Fortunately, traffic was slight and we drove pretty slowly without the trailer brakes. If you PM your email, I'll send our compilation of emails. Too much text to post here and we figured most people primarily want to see photos.

Kathy

10. slumry

slumry Novice

So when do we get to see all 900+ photographs? Are you going to go on the lecture circuit with your presentation on how to take a Camp-Inn to Alaska?

11. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Thanks for your awesome photo-log!
    I'm sure a book could be written around those great pics, but even the pics alone are very inspirational to start trip planning.

Thanks!!

12. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Steve and Shirley - just traveling in the tread-trails of
    Florida Mike and Carol (we did see Carol in Florida), and others. Did you know Betsey's parents also stopped at "The Bus" in Hyder, AK with Betsey and Craig's TD? Their picture was in a photo album we looked at while waiting for our lunch! Talk about small world.

13. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

14. birder526

birder526 Novice

I agree with Slumry that a roadshow of your trip would be great!! The scenery and photos were beautiful and it got Michael and I so ready to hit the road! We've never been to Alaska so your maps are so helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Diane

15. fpoole

While I didn't check? doh!!

[​IMG]

But if you haven't Kathy, might post a resource guide in the Adventures or maybe better yet Trip Planning with an easy searchable title like - Alaska - Trip Planning - resources
    or something like that.

And maybe? not sure how this software program works but a Moderator can anchor/pin it to the top of that forum list so people could say:
    "Hmmm.... I think it's time to do Alaska, I wonder where to start...."
    and find it in "Trip Planning" or a simple search "alaska planning" something like that..

Then it wouldn't be scattered all over in various posts and threads.. like that kewl book you recommended last year.. I got it, looked at it and really liked it..
    Milepost Alaska

I believe that was it...?
    Just a thought.

fun...

16. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

I'm on it, Frank! Will start a thread in the "Trip Planning" section sometime today. Kathy

17. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Cool! Yep, they took that trip in August of 2003 and were gone about a month. You can see their photo album & travel log under "Alaska" in the Travel Pictures section of the Camp-Inn website.

They liked the fish at The Bus so much they stayed another day just to eat there again! :)

It was fun to see your pictures! Several were taken at the same places as my parents pictures! They have one of Bear Glacier, too, and like yours, it's right before The Bus photo!

:cool:

18. fpoole

Kewl Kathy,
    I saw and commented but wanted to say "Thanks much" again on this thread...
    Well done...

fun...