New moderator!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Evan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Ken (from Chicago) has agreed to come on board as a moderator on the forum. I've been busier than ever traveling out-of-state for work lately, and the posts/day have been steadily increasing, so it seemed like a good time to bring someone else in.

Ken is one of our earliest members (going all the way back in the days of yore to 2010, before many of our trailers were born), a very regular poster, and, most importantly, blessed with a great sense of humor - very important quality for a moderator. Plus, he's headed to Maui for three weeks, so the poor guy needs something to keep him busy. :)

Among other new duties (which include waubernizing my trailer once a year), Ken will be keeping on eye on things while I'm gone to make sure nobody gets killed. If there is a thread that requires attention, you can direct a PM to Ken.

-----
    In addition, I am looking for someone who would like to take over keeping the map up to date. I haven't had a chance to add pins for the last dozen or so new members. It doesn't require much to keep it up - just 5 minutes or so here and there. If interested, send me a PM.

Thanks!

2. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Thanks, Ken, for being willing to help Evan out with this. Enjoy your trip to Maui!

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Thank to all who make this whole thing possible. I know I am not alone in my appreciation for the group and it's moderators! Especially to Evan for setting it up and to Ken who is stepping in. We'll try to keep you from getting too bored in Maui! ;)

4. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Welcome Ken and thank you Evan, you've created a nice home for us here.

5. Peggy Baker

Peggy Baker Newbie

Hi AJ & Michelle,
    Although I joined the Forum a year ago, I am not familiar with the format and wonder if there is a "how to do or rule book" on posting or requesting information. I would like to post a pin on our location, create a signature and do a map showing where we have traveled. Help!

6. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Peggy, this should help you out with the map:
    http://www.campinnforum.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3557#Post3557

To create a signature click on "My Stuff: Edit Profile".
    Type anything you want in the signature box. You can also put your map in your signature by following the instructions in the link above.
    If you need help adding the map to your signature, following the instructions for "How to add a Picture to a Post" on the upper right of your screen.

If you get stuck, let me know - I'll help you out.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  7. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I'll do my best to help out with the duties that Evan has done so well here. Please bear with me for a bit, as I've not 'moderated' before. And Evan, as soon as that new Macbook Pro that you promised arrives I will get started on the initial Walbernizing (you can PM the tracking number)...

8. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Ken, My work load has been steadily increasing. So here is a belated "Thank You".
    Steve...Go Preds

9. Ken & Peggy

Steve, I'm glad to help out where I can!

10. starlight

starlight Novice

Thank you to Evan for our on-line home, and in advance to Ken for all of his help! I wish I had more computer skills to pitch in, but you've got my vote of moral support. :)

---Stelena

11. Ken & Peggy

Thanks Stelena! So far, so good - with such a good group of people the job is already an enjoyable experience. And I will second your thanks to Evan for getting this whole thing started.