On The Subject Of Lights...

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Ben, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

One of the things I've found both when camping and when not camping is that lights will help set the mood and feeling of a place almost more than anything else (as well as good food, good music and good company). As such, a couple of purchases have been instrumental. One of my favorites which I have now bought 4 is the Enevu cube light. It operates on 3 AAA batteries and has 3 white light strengths (1, 20, 100 lumen) and an array of colored lights. It will cycle through the different colors and can be stopped at any of them. I use rechargeable Eneloop batteries which work very well but do have to be removed from the unit to recharge (ie no usb input to charge). It is very light and can be used with our without the white deflector. I have placed 4 small adhesive hooks on the backsides of the hatch ribs. I also placed 4 adhesive hooks inside the teardrop - under the shelves by the head and under the footwell. This allows for a nice colored ambiance or white light for reading. These lights work very well hanging throughout the campsite using paracord.

The other worthwhile purchase has been the loominoodle 5 foot colored string light. It is powered by usb and I will use an external battery pack or the in house usb outlet (with an extension). It also has an array of colors (or several options of white) and 10 brightness settings. It fits nicely across the width of the teardrop.

The first couple of pics show the enevu with and without the deflector, the luminoodle inside and then the last 2 pics from a recent trip to California. I used paracord across the food prep area and used white light and it also ran across our dinner table allowing me to quickly slide the lights over to use while eating.

IMG_1890.jpg IMG_1891.jpg IMG_1727 (1).JPG IMG_2009.jpg IMG_2011.jpg

Amazon.com : enevu CUBE night light for kids and adults | Eye caring and portable LED light : Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com : Luminoodle Color Plus - 5 ft LED Light Rope with Color + Battery Pack - Outdoor LED String and Lantern for Camping, Hiking, Safety - Remote Control, Dimmer, Waterproof : Sports & Outdoors

Randy and Tour 931 like this.
  2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I have several battery operated accent lights in my 560. But I also use them for just plain lighting like down where the thermostat is. My Little Guy has Christmas lights inside and one year I even put LED lights on the outside and drove around like that.

Ben likes this.
  3. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

I really relate to your thoughts on lighting Handben. I installed an adhesive LED strip around the edges of the galley and hang the 5 foot lumidoodle from the Alcove ceiling. The galley LEDs can run off of 110 or 12 volt. As you can see from our Christmas trip picture, they are quite versatile as you can choose your color allowing you to really set the mood!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ben likes this.
  4. Tear Stream

Tear Stream Newbie

Handben and Randy.. those are wonderful!! I just might use this idea for our next trip to our Astronomy star party.. need some red “ambient” lighting to make it more inviting. The single red light in the pantry is too “ in your face”

Will be looking at these types of additions seriously,

5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I just had a flashback to the 60’s.

Randy likes this.