Update Our Bittersweet Goodbye To Our "katie"

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by birder526, Jun 13, 2016.

1. birder526

birder526 Novice

On this past Saturday, our sweet 550 Special "Katie" transitioned from us to her new family. The changeover was made a little bit easier knowing a great family was taking her out for a 2 week trip today! The 2 kids were so excited, but Mom was even more so!

We, of course, have had more than our fair share of terrific adventures and memories during this first year of full-time traveling. But, we adopted our cat and realized we really needed more space for the three of us. So, we are now "podders" in our Forest River rpod, a 20' trailer with a retro look. Hard to believe we're into something bigger so soon, but this is our full time home so it was the right time.

We love the Camp-Inn family and hope to stick our noses into the forum regularly to see what y'all are up to! We wish CI and all of you the best of times! Our blog will have a name change to "Podding in Paradise", but will continue to chronicle our travels. Hope that you'll tag along! Happy trails!

2. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Continued safe travels Diane and Michael. I have enjoyed following your blog. Have fun in the new RPod, you made a good choice. Was admiring one during a recent camping trip and checked it out online. Will miss you around this forum. May lots of birds flock to your new pod!

Blessings,

Randy & Mocheele

birder526 likes this.
  3. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Would be tough to let go of our trailer for sure. I imagine we will end up handing it down to kids or grandkids when the time comes but who knows. I am still a ways off from retirement and I know I would like to do some serious roadtripping when that day does come.

birder526 likes this.
  4. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thank you both for your kind message and wishes! We look forward to staying in touch via the blog. Safe travels to you!

5. klint74

klint74 Novice Donating Member

Diane and Michael,

I want to thank you for all you have added to this forum. Sheila and I love and value all the input you have had on this forum, and hope you will continue to add it. Since our trailers were nest mates ours being #715 it is kind of sad that you have had to part with yours, but we totally understand. I also hope you will return to the Campinn Campout as it was so nice meeting you in person. Being fellow birders, we have continued to follow your Blog, and love it. You truly inspire the wanderlust that we have in us, but more importantly you guys are such a nice couple.....that inspires us too. Don't be strangers!

The Klintworths.

birder526 likes this.
  6. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Diane and Michael,

Once a Camp-Inn owner, always a Camp-Inn owner. You will always be welcome on the forum and at Camp-Inn gatherings. Please stay in touch. Hopefully the new owners will show up here as well.

birder526 likes this.
  7. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

See ya'll at the 2nd Annual Texas Teardrop roundup in April 2017 (Most likely Inks Lake State Park)

birder526 likes this.
  8. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Congratulations Diane and Michael,
    We too have missed our CI but know that Jonathan and family will really enjoy it. Bob has retired and wanted longer times out on the road so the lack of a bathroom became an issue. We are now in a 28ft airstream and loving the outings we have had. Maybe once I retire we may go half time around the country. We still keep a lookout for our CI family and will stop in and say hi! If we see you. Safe and happy travels in your R Pod.
    Gina

birder526 likes this.
  9. birder526

birder526 Novice

What a sweet message!! Thanks so much. #714 went to a nice family in Austin. So she's in a good place. Hope you have been well. Taken any trips? The blog will continue but with a new name, "Podding" in Paradise! Hope you will continue to follow it! This is night #4 in the POD, also called Katie, and we're really happy thus far! If we weren't full-time, we would have kept our teardrop, but with us and our cat, plus being full-time, more space was needed. We may make it to CICO, but not sure yet as we may head to New England this summer/early fall. It would be nice to see you and everyone again! By the way, seen any good birds lately? I had a ruby-throated hummingbird come nose to nose with me today, a real treat! Stay in touch!

10. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi,
    The blog continues as "Podding in Paradise"! Named for our new R-pod travel trailer. You can reach it at the link below! It's our 4th night with it, and we're super happy thus far. Thanks again for your kind message.

11. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi!
    Yes, a bathroom, even a teeny tiny one is a middle-of-the-night luxury!! It has been a great few days in the new trailer. As hard as it was to sell our teardrop, it was the right decision for us. Hope you retire soon and hit the road in your new airstream!! Happy trails!

12. Xanthe

Xanthe Newbie

Just returned from our initial outing with #714. We explored parts of Colorado, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico. The fridge was a total luxury and the solar panel was awesome, as most of our sites were sans electricity! Thanks to Diane and Michael for their many tips!

mcjimjam and birder526 like this.
  13. birder526

birder526 Novice

So happy that Katie is being enjoyed by such a great family! Happy trails!!

Xanthe likes this.
  14. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Birder526 - I would believe that full-timing with 2 people in a stand-up camper is much practical than a TD. I have always felt that a TD was more a vacation camper for weekend, up to a month.

Enjoy your new camper and stay in touch on the forum.

RGupnorth

birder526 likes this.
  15. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi! I think for one person a Teardrop might easily suffice for full timing , but I have to say that we are enjoying the space we now have!! Nevelle is happy he has room to spread out on our couch! 20160629_200101.jpg