Passing of Camp-Inn Employee

Discussion in 'Official Camp-Inn Area' started by Betsey, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

It is with sadness that we share the unexpected passing of Phil Champney, one of our valued employees, today Dec 30, 2014.

Phil joined Camp-Inn early on and was one of the key people in our wood shop. If your trailer build was between #130 to present day, Phil was the lead person in the wood shop during most of this time. His handiwork is part of the beauty and detail you enjoy in your Camp-Inn.

Some of you may have met Phil when you visited the shop prior to ordering or when picking up your camper. Although quiet and unobtrusive, Phil was a hard worker who took pride in his work. His loss creates a void that will be difficult to fill on many levels and he will be missed.

Craig will be working in the wood shop, standing in for Phil, until a replacement can be found and trained.

Phil leaves behind his wife, Maryann, and grown children. If anyone wishes to express their condolences, please post here or mail them to Camp-Inn and we will forward them to Phil's family.

2. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Glad my new 560 was touched by Phil. We will remember him every time we use it. Great legacy to leave us with. You will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    Gina N Bob

3. birder526

birder526 Novice

We are so sorry to hear about Phil and send our heartfelt condolences to his family and Camp-Inn family. We are hopeful he had a part in our trailer which is being built now. We will keep you all in our thoughts as you go through this difficult time.

Kindest regards.

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Please extend our condolences to Phil's family, and to you and the rest of the crew at the factory. I'm sure he will be greatly missed.
    Ken and Peggy

5. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

I am so sorry to hear about Phil's passing. I know there are no words that can ease the pain his family and the CampInn team are feeling right now.

While I never met Phil, his legacy will live on in all of us who so enjoy our trailers and the incredible detail of Phil's work.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and CampInn as you make your way through this difficult time.

6. michaelo

michaelo Novice

As I walked by the dockside one evening so rare
    To view the still waters and take the salt air
    I heard an old fisherman singing this song,
    Oh take me away boys, me time is not long

Chorus
    Wrap me up in me oilskins and jumper
    No more on the docks I'll be seen
    Just tell me old shipmates I'm takin a trip mates
    I'll see you someday in Fiddler's Green

Oh Fiddler's Green is a place I hear tell
    Where fisherman go if they don't go to hell
    Where the weather is fair and there's never a gale
    And the cold coast of Greenland is far far away

Chorus

Yes Fiddlers Green is a place I hear tell
    Where the fish jump on board with one swish of their tail
    You lie in your hammock there's no work to do
    And the captain's below making tea for the crew

Chorus

Oh I don't want a harp nor a halo, not me
    Just give me a breeze with a good rollin sea
    And I'll play me auld squeezebox as we sail along
    With the wind in the riggin to sing me this song

Chorus

... shipmates and great craftsmen are always so sorely missed...

[​IMG]

Our heartfelt condolences to Phil's family and to his extended Camp-Inn family.

Michael

7. Old_Prospector

Old_Prospector Junior Ranger

It is very evident that Phil was loved by his immediate family and the Camp-Inn family. I too never had the pleasure of meeting him. However, from the opening post, he could only have been a wonderful person, employee, and skilled craftsman. I agree that the last 600 Teardrop / Raindrop trailers are a testament to his character, but the skills and persona that he bestowed to his co-workers will only add to his legacy. Rest-in-peace Phil.

8. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Phil's family and friends will be in our prayers tonight.

9. As #136, we were one of Phil's early works and our trailer is still looking good, thus a testimonial to Phil's work. Thoughts and prayers reach out to his family and friends at this time.

10. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

A little bit of Phil lives in our life

RIP and thank you for being a true craftsman and helping to bring Joy to ours and many other life's.

11. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Our prayers are with all of you and especially with Phil's wife and family.
    We had the pleasure of meeting Phil back in July when we toured the CI shop.
    May you find comfort in knowing how well respected and loved he was amongst the CI family.

12. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Our prayers to Phil's loved ones and all the extended Camp Inn family.

Here he lies where he longed to be
    Home is the sailor, home from the sea
    And the hunter home from the hill

Peace to all

Sue and Jim

13. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Our thoughts and prayers are with Phil and his immediate and extended families. We didn't have the opportunity to meet him, but feel a closeness with all of the Camp-Inn folks, every time I look at my shiny little trailer.

14. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Our condolences and prayers go out to Phil's loved ones and Camp Inn family. His spirit will live on through his fine craftsmanship so many of us enjoy from our campers.

15. Lh303

Lh303 Novice

We met Phil when we picked up our 550 Ultra #423 in May of 2011.
    As a woodworker I got the chance to compliment him on his exquisite craftmanship. God speed Phil you will be missed.

16. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

I met Phil when we first visited and I asked him about the wood that was used he quietly explained it to me. I said I wondered how it worked to keep all the trailers so clean and he said "sort of love them looking like that". So I'll remember Phil when I dust my wood. I trust he has now met the son of Joseph a carpenter.

We will be remembering the family in prayer and all of the camp inn crew. And may another skilled carpenter be soon found.

17. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Please pass our thoughts on to Phil's family and Camp Inn.
    We are #541 so he would have worked on ours.