Related? CO detector and 120 Volt use?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Wendell Ann Hanks, Sep 13, 2013.

1. On a recent trip the CO detector went from "green" to "red" indicating a problem. Coincidently, our 110 campsite power was not operating -- the 110 plugs inside and in the galley. The coincidental (maybe?) relationship between the two was discovered when the CO detector "reset button" was pushed and green was restored. Minutes later, the 110 cell phone charger, plugged in the cabin, started working. The power line to the trailer was fully operable.

Hmmm. Is there a any relationship between the 110 power automatically being cut when the CO "red" light unit is showing on the CO unit?

Secondly, there is a time frame - 60 months - printed on the CO faceplate for removal and replacement of the unit.
    Follow this replacement time frame for our trailers? Easy to replace if needed? Product sources locally?
    Thanks,
    Wendell

2. Jenn and readers,

On a tip given to me years ago, we use a power cord with the illuminated plug feature -- specifically in response to your observation power sockets are not always on.

In this case, the power was definitely on as the plug showed.
    Wendell

3. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Wendall,

The only comment I have to make is that I did replace my CO detector and it was not that difficult. You just need to cut the wires to the old one and connect the wires of the new one using butt connectors. One hint though, turn the battery off before you cut the wires to the old one. :)