Ron's Custom waterproof side tent

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Evan, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Ron has two of these waterproof side tents. He told me that someday he hopes to camp through a blizzard one day...

[​IMG]

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Now that is too cool. Did he make these himself or did he have someone sew them for them. Really like the idea of this for ski area camping/snow/rainy season camping, especially for those late night potty trips. I would think it would be slightly warmer than the standard nylon too. Great idea and would love to learn more!

3. Evan

I think Ron said he had a friend sew these up. The Camp-Inn side tent does work very well in moderate rain, but they make no claims of being 100% waterproof. I'm sure you'd get a mite wet in a downpour. If Ron would ever stop camping and start posting here, perhaps we all could learn more. :)

4. Evan

Ron says:

[​IMG]

the old perfesser likes this.
  5. Sraycock

Sraycock Newbie

Are there any other side tent options available? I am not a sewer and the side tents I do have do not stand up to the rain very well. Inevitably it rains every time I camp and I mean it rains!!. I would be willing to buy something if someone can recommend a good alternative or makes something they want to sell.

6. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I should say not!

Evan and Gypsy like this.
  7. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

Interesting idea for colder climates. Tents are designed to keep you dry, so not sure why the issues with lighter fabrics. They can lose that ability over time in which case I spray them with waterproof spray designed for tents or shoes.