Follow Up Roslyn Vintage Trailer Rally

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by pbaker2225, Jun 22, 2015.

1. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Had a good time at the rally. My daughter took her 1959 Winny. She had asked permission for me to go with my CampInn but others that had newer trailers or home made teardrops were asked not to return next year.
    Both of my daughters went and it had been a long time since the three of us had been together for a weekend. It brought back memories of when they were younger.
    It was interesting to see old trailers in all different stages of restoration. Some people strip them down and build them up from nothing using the old wood as a pattern, keeping the vintage look and using as much of the interior trim and exterior siding as possible. Others still have moldy smell. The ones done right are a real labor of love.
    Many people were interested in my Raindrop and just as many were interested in the Sportbrella I use to cover the gally. I have been asked over and over if it comes with the trailer. It might be an option that CampInn could offer. It is easy to put up and take down and does well in the wind when staked well. It can be easily tied to the trailer when staking to the ground is impossible.

2. michaelo

michaelo Novice

So Pat, was Pttywagon invited back next year?

Michael

3. pbaker2225

I was not told not to come back next year. This was the first event of this kind I had been to. It was interesting and I enjoyed seeing the trailers but I really enjoy just the camping and socializing of an event like we have at Mossy Rock. This was a little big for my taste and a lot of ego raging around. One guy even had an electric fence around his trailer to keep people away. There was a filming going on for some magazine and just a lot of activity. It will be a while before I need to go to a similar event.

4. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Wow an electric fence? Really? Maybe it was to keep him in?

5. pbaker2225

The filming crew spent a lot of time with his trailer which I understand was a rare one. I wonder if the electric fence will be in the magazine along with the pictures. lol

6. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Shocking!!!

7. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Hhhhmmm.... electric fence and a campground....

I know some trailers are rare...expensive...just plain weird, whatever, but a fence - wired?

Makes you wonder if he keeps an electric cattle prod under the bed. And what does he do during an electrical storm? Could be a problem.

Think we'll stick to our CI and leave the electricity to the power company.

Sue and Jim

8. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hmm? Maybe a picket fence for our TD!?

9. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Barbed wire, dogs and armed guards - no...wait, that's prison.

Jim says chain link, concertina wire on top and search lights. And that sounds like Stalag 13 (good movie).

Oh! Oh! We've got it! A MOAT! With lots of alligators. Did they have alligators in Medieval Europe? Hhhhmmmmm.....

Nah, gonna stick with just our CI.

And a Trimax.

Boy, you really can tell when we've had too much wine.

Camp on..

Sue and Jim says

10. pbaker2225

You are all so funny. I love your sense of humor Sue. I laugh a lot when I read your posts.
    An electric fence always gives your such a feeling of a warm welcome. I do know the first few times someone laid a greasy hand on my trailer I cringed. Never went so far as to slap them or anything.

11. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hahaha, Pat and Sue! Love the moat idea!

I'm guilty of smudge marks on our teardrop! Don't tell Cary!