SE MA or NE RI Campsite?

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Trippster, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Yo,
    Folks, we are looking for a campsite in southeast massachusetts or northeast Rhode Island that has an electric hookup, hopefully a water hookup as well. Clean restroom and showers would be real nice too.
    The State Parks up there arent as good as others in the Midwest and South for sure. I have looked at private camps like Pinewood in Plymouth MA and Normandy Farms in Foxboro MA. Normandy seems too crowded and commercial. Does anyone have any experience with Fisherman's Memorial SP in Narragansett RI?
    Any others? We are looking to stay one week in early June next year.
    Thanks all.

2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

In the Fall of 2008, we stayed at Myles Standish and, further out on the Cape, Nickerson. Both had very nice sites & bathrooms/showers. However, I don't believe either one has electric.

Of course, we were there the last week/weekend of October, so there was really no one else around & we had both places to ourselves.

:cool:

3. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Thanks Betsey.
    I think Miles Standish has struggled lately, but Nickerson is clearly an option. I think if we got their in early June, it shouldn't be crowded. Public schools up there don't get out til mis June at the earliest. Thanks!
    Ken

4. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

We really liked Nickerson.

Having grown up in NH, I well remember the days of not getting out of school until the middle of June - later if we had snow days to make up. One year, we went well into July. Living in the Midwest has taken some getting used to, as most schools are out by Memorial Day. But I like it!

:cool: