Spring Awakening

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Warren Mary Ellen, Mar 12, 2016.

1. We woke Jeremiah up from his winter's nap. Flushed the water tank and made a few minor repairs. Checked everything out and the systems all look good. We will probably get out soon to a local campground here in South Carolina. I have a couple of cycling events coming up I will either ride and one I help put on where we will camp to be close to the event. Looking towards the Grand Canyon this summer for another big trip. Our daughter will be off to college in the fall so weekend trips should get easier since we will only have two schedules to juggle.

2. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Sounds like great fun. Good for you! We've been to the Grand Canyon several times and it never, ever disappoints - constantly changing beauty everywhere. It takes your breath away...especially if you take some of those steep trails!

Enjoy. I'm reminiscing about that wondrous place right now. Aaaaaaaahhhhhh..,

Camp On,

Sue

3. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

We'll be cycling north from Florida on the 1st of April. We should cross into South Carolina by the end of that week. You are always welcome to come hang out with us if you have the time. You find our planned route on our blog.

4. I am over 200 miles away from your route you show. That part of SC will be flat but by the time you ride up from Florida you should be used to it. I live in the hilly Piedmont of SC and frequently go into the nearby mountains to cycle. Completely flat roads are tough for me to get used to. You should have quiet roads in most of the Lowcountry though. If you are a BBQ fan your route takes you near the town of Hemingway which has a place named Scott's BBQ. It is a dive but the food is good and the people are very friendly. They have website. As you are approaching the NC line you will be near Little River, SC which has some restaraunts down on the water front where the shrimp boats come in. Hopefully, a future route will bring you through Upstate SC or during when school is out. Good luck with the trip.

5. I have been there once at the North Rim. I was 24, hiked to the bottom and of course back out. My knees won't take that this time but I am looking forward to it. This will be my wife and daughter's first time.

6. birder526

birder526 Novice

The Grand Canyon is truly a masterpiece of Mother Nature! About 15 years ago, we backpacked for a week in the canyon and it was awe inspiring! Hope to get back there soon. Have a wonderful visit there!

7. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hit'n the Grand Canyon in a week or two...
    Looking forward to it...
    fun...

8. Two days and we are back camping finally. I have a cycling event that I help put on nearby, a charity ride that I have worked on before as well as ridden in previous years. We will be at Oconee State Park which is in the mountains of SC about an hour's drive from home. This was our first trip with Jeremiah last year and we have camped there plenty of times in our tent days. Should be fun, weather looks great, but Saturday will be long for me working the ride.

9. birder526

birder526 Novice

Have fun!!