Stainless Steel!

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Cal429, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Eric 'n Joan,

Woody wax at their website, also may be available at various local boat retail stores.

http://woody-wax.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

Thanks Jean...

I've been looking in all the wrong places (automotive stores).

Eric

3. Kelly

Kelly Novice

Re: Aluminum and your storage cover!

As some of you may have read from a prior posting in this thread, I have not been particularly thrilled with the amount of washing, polishing and buffing required to maintain the trailer exterior. It has since come to my attention that my storage cover has not been performing as it should and probably is in need of repair - hence a major contributor to all the washing, polishing and buffing that I have been bellyaching about.

For other members out there who do not have their trailers stored in a garage and rely on a storage cover, if you find yourself washing, polishing and buffing your trailer to the point of acquiring a recurring case of the grumps, bypass the postings weighing in on the pros and cons of keeping your trailer bright and shiny. While interesting, such postings most likely will not lead to a resolution of your issue. Instead, contact the folks at CI directly. If you do, you might just find out that your storage cover is not functioning quite as it should. Then you can turn this :( into this :)

Kelly

4. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

Hi Kelly,

I know you don't want to hear more about pro's and con's of how you keep your trailer..and I dont use a cover... but I had to chime in anyway.

I keep mine in the garage... but neither polish nor buff... RMBL-INN is developing a patina... always washed but never polished... kind of like antique's roadshow... if you mess with the finish... its no longer original.. a classic needs to show its age.

Maybe another thought is this.... you don't wear a suit and tie nor patent leather shoes when you camp (I hope) so why try to dress up your tear drop for a wedding when you are heading into the woods.... but if you decide to dress up for a trip in the woods... it will just take a lot more work to keep looking like you are going to a wedding...

my 2 $.xx

Dave K

5. Kelly

Kelly Novice

[Sigh] and so the cycle repeats itself . . .

6. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

Kelly - just having fun. Hey

I remember my first run in with a group of teardroppers in Carnation Washington and as I was looking, one of the TDs was marvelously polished.. it was impressive and attached to a 1948 something... a home built but beautiful... and when i almost touched it... a quick warning from the owner prevented a thumbprint.... and my embarrassment...

Totally respect your desire to keep it like new.. good luck with the cover... I hope it helps.

Dave K

7. 1Door

1Door Novice

We are getting a few white spots here and there AND we have 2 great big hand prints on the galley hatch from the movers...but it's REAL FINE (A Fish Called Wanda) !!!! I don't mind that it's beginning to look "used". I had seen that Airstream uses a gel coat, but that is not what is meant for OUR teardrops.

8. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

So, let me get this straight… You wash away the protective patina of bacon grease? On purpose??

What's next? Weekly showers?

9. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Only if you need one.

Jim