The Wait Begins

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Dennis & Christine Propes, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Placed our order for a 560 Ultra, the wife and I are very excited to be part of the group :)

2. SethB

SethB Ranger

Welcome! And congrats!

3. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Congrats! How long is the wait?

4. We are looking at October, no we didn't order anything special, the wait is that long.

5. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

That’s not too bad. You will picking it up during some nice fall weather.

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Welcome to the insanity --- the good news is, there is no cure :D

Long waits are part of the game -- but trust me -- it is WELL worth it. See my signature below --- I've waited twice now :)

Where you from! Tell us about yourself! I see your from Xenia, not too far from us....Dayton used to be a very frequent place for us to go, our best friends lived in Trotwood. What are you camping into today?

7. campdude

campdude Ranger

Welcome to the family. It is certainly worth the wait. Perfect camper for two. You won't have to worry about build quality with a Camp Inn.

8. Sweeney,

I grew up in Cincinnati (Who-Dey), moved to Dayton to attend Wright State after the Army, that's were I meet my wife Christine, she is from Canton. We had a Wolfpup travel trailer but sold it last year. We went to the Tampa RV show to try to settle on a camper and could not find anything close to the quality. We have camped for years, tent, camper, backpacking you name it. Very much looking forward to the Campinn

9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Where'd you see your first campinn? Or did you buy sight unseen? You won't regret it --- read my posts, I've got a long and sordid history in the RV world and I'll say camp inn is nothing like any of them. That goodness. Plus Cary and the rest of the folk up there do a GREAT job of taking care of their customers. Just be sure you plan some extra time -- I'll wager you and Cary hit it off and delviery will take longer than usual :D especially if you say "Airplane" or "Boat"

Are you members of the "Tearjerkers" yet? As I recall, the ohio chapter is pretty respectiably busy. Although, most of the tearjerkers are home builders and look at Campinn's a little sideways....

The hoosier chapter is having a gathering the weekend of may 27'th at O'Bannon woods in Southern Indiana, too bad you sold your wolf-pup - it would be welcome. We can trade camping horror stories over a camp fire :D Not haivng a rig for a whole season was very hard last year. We just accepted delviery in early November.

We started with an OLD beat up Serro Scotty Goucho, then to Campinn. That was 2012. Serial Number 518. Cary says it is a total random chance, but our new 2021 model is 1036 --- or 518*2.

Regardless, we had our first CI for a couple years and foolishly decided we needed to carry more stuff (Think George Carlin) and bought a Grand Design bunkhouse -- which fell apart in front of our very eyes. Worst mistake ever. We then got a class A (Fleetwood) which I can say was MUCH better, but was more than we needed, and maintenance was pretty expensive. I spent camping worrying about water leaks, and slide malfunction. Then covid hit, and gas prices skyrocketed...sold it (at peak market) and called CI again. We waited from about mid-march when we ordered until we took delivery in November. Our fist campinn (2012) was the same. Your wait is typical.

I'm convinced nothing coming from Elkhart is worth it...from the components (Fridges, water heaters, etc) let alone trailer frames and walls. Horrible. You made the right choice.

Kevin Bat-Tree Killah likes this.
  10. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Congratulations! Waiting is the hardest part.

Sweeney likes this.
  11. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Welcome. The wait time allows you to collect Accessories ;-)

12. Congratulations! My wife’s brother lives in Beaver Creek & I’ve ridden my bicycle through Xenia.

13. Jdmac_lb

Jdmac_lb Novice

Congratulations welcome.

14. The bike trails around Xenia are nice, us them all the time. There are around 300+ miles accessible from the Bike Hub in Xenia :)

Warren Mary Ellen likes this.
  15. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Those trails looksl ike a good excuse to charge the ebike battery :)

16. MikeandChar

MikeandChar Novice

We just ordered our 560 Ultra and like you our build will not begin until October.

17. campdude

campdude Ranger

Now the emotional journey begins...you will certainly love it when you get it...and to think of the 332,500,000 people in the USA. You guys are part of the elite approximately 1,200 people that own a Camp Inn

18. After many long months we made our appointment to pick up our 560. We couldn't wait until April, so I will be heading up to Necedah February 14th to pick it up. The updated build photos have made Thursdays our new favorite day. We are super excited and can't wait, already have a couple local camping reservations :)

dougbee, JohnC and dustinp like this.
  19. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Watch out for road salt...not a friend of aluminum (or much else other than icy roads).

20. They are going to wrap it for the drive home