WA - Wanapum - In search of the "Super Moon"

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by fpoole, Jun 24, 2013.

1. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

..and so far, A-hem 1 day, no luck.
    It keeps hiding behind the rain clouds. I would have thought that the strong wiinds last night might have blown it all away, but Noooooooo.... probably blew the moon off it's course... that's what I'm thinking...
    anyway, day 2 of the elusive search for the "Super Moon" just hope this isn't one of those "Sasquatch" Thangs... I'll wait until tonight to see if I can hide behind some bushes or a campfire... if the rain will allow it... heheh...
    I have a photo, of just the camping, but will have to add it some where....
    cheers from beautiful Wannansnpuummpumpomewaw...whatever.. Vantage, WA on the Columbia River no less..... heheheh

2. 1Door

1Door Novice

We just don't understand how you can retire in all that rain!! Shouldn't you move somewhere sunny and dry??!!
    We were woken up Sunday morning...thought it was about 7 am...figured we'd start our coffee...Alan gets into the kitchen to press the start button, sees the clock, comes back to bed and says "it's 4 AM...you still want your coffee?" It was so bright we both thought it was daylight!!

3. fpoole

Hehehe. ..yah I hear ya. I wouldn't know what to do without the rain. ..I am originally from California, Pasadena. ... probably too much sun from there. ..lol but I do love the PNW... but???? Hehehe if I didn't have Le Droppe I'd be in Thailand retired. ..and so it goes. ... krap sitting here now waiting for the moon, not goi

4. fpoole

So I'm sitting here, Tue Morning, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.... under the canopy, with rain.... rain, forecasted all day at 90% then tomorrow, departure time, 30%... heheh, Initial response is to pack up and leave.. but want to hit the "Gorge" where they have the concerts. Never been to see it, and there's RV park there somewhere. Hopefully that'll take up the day.

Meanwhile, with all the rain, the park maintance comes by and puts in the sprinklers. So now, with the constant moderate rain for all day, they sprinklers/rain birds are going full bore... funny old habits are hard to break.. I understand why, to keep on schedule, but just seems a little out of sorts so-to-speak... fun...
    Moon did come out, just as I packed everything up. got some shot, not pretty then batteries (plural) died..... went to bed..

5. fpoole

Just a quickie…

Photos from the “Super Moon” trip to Wanapum State Park just south of the I-90 & Columbia River.
    Rain, winds, clouds made it difficult to get anything and those didn’t work out so well. Also revisited the PSE Wind Turbines and Petrified Trees, they’re still there, they have them caged so they can’t escape.

Went by the Gorge and the RV/Resort just out of Quincy… A boaters/summer paradise… “Par-tay-Har-day..”

Gallery here

Nice trip, good to get away.

[​IMG]

6. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Very nice picture I guess it was worth the wait.

7. fpoole

Thanks, still need to work out the Technique and thank Gawd for RAW and Lightroom, to help bring it out..
    Till the next one..

8. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Neat shot Frank. You're absolutely right about raw and LR - easily worth all the extra disk space the files take up.

9. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Beautiful picture Frank. Glad you got a glimpse.

10. 1Door

1Door Novice

So that's what woke us up!!

11. fpoole

Yah, shot... well sorta... not quite what I was looking for.. of course 3am was clear sky and then following night too.. heheh, as is always the case.. oh well, till the next one..
    Heading up to Canada Next week.. Wells Gray Park..