Warm greetings from East Central Florida!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Chuck, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Chuck

Chuck Novice

30% check in the mail. We are wondering if Friday the 13th was the best day to send in our deposit, but oh well, we are committed. It will be late September for completion, which means another long Florida summer. Looking forward to traveling from Wisconsin back home during the fall season.

Like most folks on this forum, we are highly impressed with the detail work on the CI, and will now get the chance to travel more than we have in the past.

We are retired, mostly. Our careers were in aerospace. Both of us worked on the Space Shuttle program at Kennedy Space Center, and just to make things more interesting, we bought a 110 year old riverfront estate and developed a bed and breakfast destination. Twenty some years later, we sold the business, retired from KSC, and only do some consulting work.

Chuck and Martha
    Coastal Florida

2. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Welcome to the family! We have been waiting since August..it is the hardest part....April 24th not far off for us....Ron and Missy

3. Chuck

Chuck Novice

Forgot to add that our order is for a 550 Ultra.

4. Chuck

Chuck Novice

We have family in LeClair, Iowa. We will be there either before or after we pick up the TD.

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

Welcome and congrats on sending in the deposit! That's an exciting step! Our 550 Special will be picked up April 1 (can't wait!!) and we will be full-timing all around the USA!
    Hope to hear about your adventures once you have your TD!

6. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Welcome. My father in law was on the shuttle design team as an Engineer at Rockwell before he retired.

He worked on a number of space programs all the way back to Gemini and Mercury.

He too went on to start a successful business building radio controlled sailboats.

Congrats on your order, I know you will enjoy yours just like the rest of us.

I'm getting ready to head out for a quick trip today. Should be leaving in a couple of hours.

7. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the CampInn family

8. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Congratulations Chuck and Martha!

9. Old_Prospector

Old_Prospector Junior Ranger

Welcome to the Tiny Trailer world. The family wouldn't be connected to Mike and Frank of American Pickers? I visited LeClair this past fall.

I'm in waiting mode too, but for a 560. Ordered in November with a first half July delivery. As you explore and learn from the owners on this forum, don't be alarmed if you modify you build list with some adds and maybe a delete. The knowledge and experience locked in the topics and posts here are superb.

10. Chuck

Chuck Novice

Thanks OP.
    We are not related to Mike or Frank, but do enjoy their travels. We did visit their shop in LeClair last September.

We are in agreement with you that there is a lot to learn from this forum, and are re thinking some of the options based on discussions here.

As a native Kansan I am interested in re visiting my home state. I am originally from a tiny town sw of Wichita. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

11. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the Florida-based Camp-Inn Family!

12. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Hello Chuck and Martha!
    We live just up the road from you. Probably only 40 miles. We bought our 550 from a lady in the town where you live. We have been known to even camp at Gamble Rogers State Park and it's only 2 miles from our house. Van&Terri

13. Chuck

Chuck Novice

Thanks van and Terri for responding. We had heard there was a 550 which had been sold in NSB. Excited to have someone nearby as the new owner. Martha does some consulting work in st. Augustine, so sometimes I join her for a day or so. I try to take a1a so I go through Flagler beach a lot. Really like gamble Rogers park too.
    Hope to meet up with you sometime.

Chuck and Martha