Misc Which Options

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Lindamortensen, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Larry Running

Larry Running Junior Ranger Donating Member

Just a couple/few things. The person who put the trailer hitch and 7 pin on my car made a comment. Trailer brakes are cheap to replace, your car brakes are expensive. Trailer brakes for me, absolutely!,

Parting comment, having more options helps at resale. For me not having those two options would have stopped me from buying #249 formally fpools baby and he got everything on it but A/C .

2. Sky bear

Sky bear Novice

I have a 560 Ultra pulled by a Toyota Highlander 6 cyl. and have never felt the need for electric brakes although I'm sure they would be good to have if I had to slam on the brakes. I pulled a previous TD without problems as well. Oh, and I live in Colorado and I'm up and down in the mountains frequently . I think safe driving habits play a bigger part in safety for the most part. I see those who are clueless everyday. So, to be safe and if $'s aren't an issue I'd say get the electric brakes for sure. Extra safety is hard to argue against.

3. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

We opted for electric brakes because some States require electric brakes if the trailer is 2000 lbs GVWR or above. We don't really need them with our F-150 which is rated to haul over 11,000 lbs., but not knowing where retirement travels would take us, we thought it prudent to have rather than not have.