Wooden Shower Mats

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Doug & Amber, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

I'm about to make some DIY wooden shower mats for our Speed Lite Shower tent. Does anyone know the dimensions of the 4 bins under the bed of a 560???????

If someone could post the dimensions of all four bins, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Doug & Amber,

The CI website says that the dimensions are:

Passenger side - 22x22x5.5
    Driver side 20x17.5x5.5

I went out and measured the bottom of the bins. If I were buying something that needed to lie flat in the bin, I would not exceed 18x18 passenger side, 18x15 driver side. The passenger side bins have an odd shape with bump outs that give them the extra inches.

These are my thoughts. Hopefully someone else with a 560 can confirm my measurements for you. I have a 2011.

3. Doug & Amber

Joan,

Thanks for your help. I searched the forum, but I did not think to search the CI web site. I'll make our shower mat 17x17.

Thanks again!

4. Sky bear

Sky bear Novice

Can you tell us how you plan to make these, size, type of wood and if it
    will roll up? Been thinking of this ourselves.

5. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

This wasn't a "DIY" project, but I found one that looks EXACTLY like this one from Bed Bath and Beyond--but I know I bought it at Target. But that was several years ago; so maybe Target doesn't carry them anymore. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/151126-conair-pollenex-solid-teak-roll-shower-mat.html I use it as a mat outside the door, and it rolls up nice to store in the pass-through storage area. so I don't care if it gets dirty/muddy, it doesn't ever go in the cabin. The main purpose for it was to have a bit of elevation in case or muddy or wet conditions--for putting on shoes. I don't know if, rolled up, it would fit in the under bed storage--it "might".

The one I bought (and I think this one has them too), on the bottom came with little clear stick-on bumpers, because of course it's meant for a shower floor. Since that's not what I needed, I scraped those off before I used it the first time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  6. Doug & Amber

I made it very simple, 17x17 square out of Poplar. I went to Home Depot and bought two lengths of 1"x 2". Actual dimensions turn out to be about .5"X1.5" and the lengh of each piece was 8-feet. Very simple, just two outside pieces with perpendicular floor pieces. Looks like a small deck patio.

I'd post some pictures, but have not figured how yet. It doesn't roll or fold, it simply fits into one of the wells under the bed.

Hope this helps.