Greetings From Southeast Texas

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Tom & Diana P, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

Casandra, we upgraded the wheels to aluminum alloy, added mahogany, and had some artwork done on the right-hand cabinet door in the galley. The mountain is Denali, from a photo I took 2 years ago during our road trip to Alaska. We took many of the options. Notable options not taken: the furnace and leather option for the sofa.
    [​IMG]

2. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Love the custom cabinet door! Is it etched/engraved? Does the CampInn crew do this custom work now or send it out somewhere? I've wondered about having something like this done for our 560 but just haven't checked into it yet. I'd love to see the photo you took that this was made from. How did you work the logistics of an Alaska "road trip" from Texas? Did you drive up or fly up & then rent a car? How long were you there? An Alaskan Adventure with our CampInn is on my bucketlist! I just can't figure out how to squeeze it into a 2 week vacation (DH's job wouldn't let him loose any longer than that at a time) starting from Texas......so it may have to wait until retirement.
    Casandra

3. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

So many questions, Cassandra! LOL I think we'll see you in April at Inks Lake, so Tom and I can talk about Alaska until you tell us to shut up - and you'll probably want to! Suffice it to say, a driving trip from Texas would definitely take more than 2 weeks, unless you never sleep, or stop for gas. But you have to do it when time permits! We felt like it was 3 separate trips: the getting there, the being there, and the getting home again.

The cabinet door engraving and painting is done in-house at Camp Inn, something new they can do with their fancy new wood shop computer - and a whole lotta skill, I'm sure. We only found out about it when we toured the factory in September, and had to hurry and figure out the particulars of the necessary art work format, because our trailer build was starting up about then.

4. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

Pick-up is set for January 24! Please wish us fair weather (for this time of year in Wisconsin and the Great Plains, anyway). We'll have Camp-Inn wrap the trailer for the drive south to the Land Where Deicing Chemicals Aren't Necessary, so as to preserve the finish. It does, after all, have to live up to its name, The Silver Surfer. ;)

Randy likes this.
  5. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Very nice! Enjoy your special day in Necedah and safe travels home! Congrats!

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  6. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Sorry, I do tend to ask a lot of questions & be like Frank......"Inquiring minds wanna know!" LOL And don't worry because I seriously doubt you could talk too much about Alaska for me.....it's been my dream trip since my Grandparents drove up there & visited/lived short-term 3 different times & came home talking about it when I was about 8-11 yrs old! My Grandpa was a carpenter and would find enough work to pay the apartment rent & then leave my Grandma home & go out for weeks at a time hunting & fishing off in the wild somewhere.

Casandra

7. Tom & Diana P

Tom & Diana P Novice

#864, AKA Silver Surfer, has fledged the nest and moved from Necedah to our garage in The Woodlands, TX. Camping on the way home wasn't an option; in fact, we drove out immediately after orientation to stay ahead of a winter storm that dumped a ton of snow on the region later that night. But when we unwrapped the tear in the garage, well let's just say it was as I remember Christmas mornings of my childhood: wrapping paper everywhere, and smack in the middle of it all, our shiny new toy!

And before anyone asks, OF COURSE we slept in it that night in the garage! :D