New Vs. Used - Your Take On It?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lynne & Scott, Mar 22, 2018.

1. John & Jodi

John & Jodi Novice

Greetings, thoughts on keeping warm without the CI furnace....We live in south Texas, for us, the furnace did not make sense for us. And, it gets cold at times. Our solution was to purchase a small ceramic heater (we turn it on about 10 minutes before we want to get into the camper at night and again before we get out of bed) and an electric heating pad that covers the mattress (in case we got cold during the night). Obviously, this is not a solution for boondocking unless one has solar or a generator. We spend most of our time outside of the camper and keeping warm outside was a more important consideration. For outside, we use a 10x10 canopy shelter and wind walls (if needed) to block any prevailing wind. We then use a Mr Buddy propane space heater to warm the area while we cook/eat/lounge.

2. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Got every option except the furnace and grab bars. I'm back and forth on the furnace, but do wish I would have ordered the bars as they can't be added after the build. If you do order, consider selecting your solar panel system and having a specific solar receptacle installed for your panel (e.g. Zamp). Best of luck with your choice, you can't go wrong either way!

Randy

3. Lynne & Scott

Lynne & Scott Junior Ranger Donating Member

Much appreciated advice ty

4. emptynesters

emptynesters Newbie

We love the CI heater and have used it many times just the take the chill out of the air. We boondock a lot and therefore are not dependent on shore power. Additionally, we don’t have to worry about a stand alone heater tipping over and our concern as to placing it in the camper.

Good luck.

W and D

Randy likes this.
  5. Lynne & Scott

Lynne & Scott Junior Ranger Donating Member

Great points...thanks for the advice. We are leaning towards a heater as we don't want to be constrained on when we want to camp because the nights may be cold.

Evan and Jim Carter like this.
  6. NH Wanderlust

NH Wanderlust Junior Ranger Donating Member

I get the same message that says you limit who can see your profile.

7. NH Wanderlust

NH Wanderlust Junior Ranger Donating Member

Will and Diane; on your trip up to Maine if you need a place to stop in the seacoast area of NH off I95 you have a place in our driveway to park for the night. That way you can use a washer and dryer you didn't get and an unlimited supply of hot water for a shower! Our backyard view is pretty nice too. And I'll get to see a 550.
    Rich Whitney, Dover NH

8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It said everyone can view it. Don't know what the problem is.

9. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

I'm a fan of buying nice things used. My #318 is often mistaken for being new. Camp-Inn quality is real, so unless it was abused it's a great used buy for the right price.

10. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

If in good shape... saving money wouldn' be that bad.