Itinerary Nw Round-up 2015

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by slumry, Sep 28, 2014.

Added to Calendar: 08-20-16, 08-21-16, 08-22-16, 08-23-16
  1. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Larry, here are some pics of the past ones.

[​IMG]

Basically, subject to change, you pull up to the booth, tell them you're with the TD Camp Inn Group and then hang a left right after the booth down the road to the Open Camp area.

Just find a spot that looks good and park it. It's wide open.
    Usually, you'll pay for it once everyone has arrived so they can split the bill and then you pay.

My site has several of them to get a better idea, but this one will show the entrance and long 1/4 mile dirt road to the Tent open site.

Hope that helps..

[​IMG]

Note gravel road, right after the booth and the green grassy area. That's the site, first come first choose and watch it happen... heheh.. fun...

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG]

Google map
    Note the dotted line is where you want to be. Sharp Left right after the booth, down the dirt/gravel road to paradise... heheh..

More pics Gallery

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. slumry

slumry Novice

Hello fellow campers,

I am happy to report that there is nothing to report; everything is proceeding as planned. I just wanted to remind everyone that the Round-Up may have been sleeping but that it is starting to wake up and everyone should be making plans to attend this celebrated event. Venue is the same as last year, Mossyrock. Dates are August 20 through August 23, 2015. More informative communications will follow.

If you have questions, please let me know.

This event is open to everyone, as I posted earlier:

Just a point of clarification, selling a trailer does not excuse the seller from attending the NW Round-Up, it is open to all regardless of make or model of camping vehicle. We do not discriminate based on tonnage, size or company of origin. I hope Uncle Frank. Michael and Susan understand the social contract they signed when joining the Camp-Inn community. :/

4. fpoole

Heheh, Well thank you Sir Stephen, much appreciated.

While I won't be able to make this year's, I will look forward to next if all goes according to Hoyle...

Camper by end of this year or beginning of next year...
    Then it'll be "OTRA" with the "ROG"
    fun
    [​IMG]

(On The Road Again with the Retired Old Goat/Geezer)
    cheers..

5. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Come on Frank, don't wimp out just because you are between campers. We were all looking forward to seeing you and hearing the years stories.

6. fpoole

"Stories..." heheh, I wish, Pat....

Nothing going on except the move onto the next level, so pretty quiet.

And believe me, I know it's been quiet...
    "CARMEN" has been yelling at me to get her back out there too.. LOL.. so you KNOW it's been a quiet year...

[​IMG]

Last years pics HERE

Fun...

7. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Thanks for the clarification Ring Master Stephen, we sure would love to see everyone again and catch up on all the new TTTTs ( Tall Travel Trailer Tales) We were not planning on attending this year but we may reconsider, sure would be great to see and enjoy Frank's Mixology Station and yes listen to his stories.

Michael

8. fpoole

Heheh, thanks Jenn, next year for sure...

Michael, I'm sure our paths will cross before next year, but for sure next year at this gathering....

Mixology Station?
    hheheh, you should be thankful it's not around power or "DAN" would be appearing, the "Dring-A-Nator"

[​IMG]
    (Steamboat Rock, WA w/Roland & Colleen frm #248?)

and I'm sure "The Lad" can take over on the Pepsi fountain...

[​IMG]

fun...

[​IMG]

next year....

9. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

Linda and I are planning to attend... looking forward to all the stories.

Frank... your picture above has the answer... 1-800-RV4Rent - no excuses now ;^) and plenty of room for all the mixology machinery.

10. fpoole

Dave, heheh, LOL... ROTfLMAO....

They used to have the TD #built next to mine and was looking to get something a little bigger and more accessible for the Ms. They liked the roominess of them, but absolutely hated driving it...

Not to mention the $$$$. I could probably buy a new TD just for the rentals of those Land Yachts.

So next time probably for sure...

Have fun.. and ride the Train... that's kick, if you like those things... ride in the engine room on the way up, when it's huffing and puffing.... cattle car on the way back.

Fun.

[​IMG]

more fun...

and yes, fire came out side the door and yes, those are kerosene cans... not a problem to them - Yikes...

Mt Rainier Scenic Railroad trip

but do the engine ride along, apx 4 max peeps.. costs a little more, but get the uphill trip not the return one.

[​IMG]

11. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

We are planning on being there. The Lad is bummed that Katie and Uncle Frank won't be there. Those kids sure loved those special drink machines. Just to watch them blend…they did not partake. I am going to miss the mudslides. Yum. I did partake.

Everyone should bring their helmets for the Pepsi/mentors thing. It won't protect you, but it is quite a look! :grin:
    Mick is looking for the gadgets for that. I never buy soda, but if it is for science, I will.

If you have things to float on you might consider bringing them. I will have my SUP and the lad will have his kayak. Not sure how low the water will be with the dought though.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. We will have tales of of our "Great ExlpOREGON Adventure". We are sticking a little closer to home this year but going out adventuring!

See you all soon!

12. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Getting everything in line as we speak. We'll be there!

Sue and Jim

13. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

Hey Frank,

But if you did rent one of those "yachts" - you could tow us down there like this.

[​IMG]

hehe

14. fpoole

Oh Yeah, is that for your dog or is it a gas tank..
    You sleep in there???

heheh, the TD is probably for the parents with a family of 7...
    Fun... Not...

Take some pics to live vicariously...
    fun..

15. slumry

slumry Novice

There is less than one month to go before the Round-Up! Make your plans; just be sure to bring your own rain.

For information about the event, please see the first post in this thread.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Remember, this is not an organized event. Just show up with whatever you might want to share. We always seem to be able to find some interesting activities to do and excursions to go on.

16. Jim and Sue L.

We're Californians... Rain? What's that?

See ya there.

Sue

17. slumry

slumry Novice

The endorsements keep coming in! Donald Trump calls the NW Roundup the greatest event he has never been to. You will all want to be here just in case the Donald makes an appearance! Now for the details, which look suspiciously like last year’s.

When: Thursday August 20 through Sunday August 23. Official check-in is 2:00 PM; however, if you arrive early it is likely you can get access to the campground. If you wish to camp in the park before Thursday or after Sunday, you will need to arrange for an individual site elsewhere in the park. Shirley and I may not be able to get to Mossyrock until Friday; however, we have already paid for the site and there should be no trouble getting in even if we are not there. If there are any issues, please call me on my cell phone at 425.301.4719.

Where: Mossyrock Park, primitive group campsite. When you get to the entrance booth, identify yourself as part of the group that has reserved the primitive campsite. They will give you a vehicle tag. Once you get the tag, immediately take a hard left just past the entrance booth. Take our own private causeway to the campsite and pick a spot anywhere you wish.

Map: Directions from I5-- NWRU#5

Amenities: Water, pit toilets and trash pickup; however, there are no electrical hookups. Showers and flush toilets maybe found elsewhere in the park.

Cost: figure the cost per unit will be the total cost divided by the total number of parties attending. Last year it was around $50 a party for the weekend. The more campers we have the cheaper the unit cost will be.

Who should attend: Anyone interested in tiny trailers, including Camp-Inn-owners, Camp-Inn alumni (ex-owners), wannabee Camp-Inn owners, and owners of other tiny trailers; tenters are also welcome. You do not have to sign up in advance for this event—just show up.

This is a very low-key event. As in past years, there will be no organized meals or events. However, there are customary gatherings in the evening. The group meets around the firepit for hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and fellowship. These events frequently get out of hand and become dinner even though they are not officially a potluck. If you are confused, just bring something to share and you cannot go wrong.

What to do? Fishing, biking, boating, hiking and field trips to Mount Saint Helens, Mount Rainer and Mount Adams. Also, the famous Ape Caves are highly recommended. If you prefer, hang out at the beautiful campsite, enjoy the good company and the inevitable trailer tours; read, nap, play board games—there is something for everyone! There is excellent ice cream for sale in the park for those who need to do a little recreational weight gain.

What to bring: Wood and food to share (wood is usually found for sale along the road near the park). Special alert, as of 7/30/15, Use of campfires and charcoal not allowed, propane fires are, so unless they lift the ban, bring your propane campfire and not wood. Dogs are OK as long as they are on a leash. If you have any questions please private message me or respond to this thread.

We hope to see you all at Mossyrock this year, including you Uncle Frank.

Stephen and Shirley

Fwiw, I will be out of communication from 8/8 through 8/17 so do if I don’t appear to be very responsive, you will know why.

18. fpoole

Sounds like a Trip.. fun... don't forget the train ride at Elbe, ride in the engine room if you can, it's an experience...

I'll make it next year, and thank you for the invite.
    Right now, trying to line up all the ducks to make it full time by mid Sept providing the Proverbial "Creek don't Rise"..

I'm trying to keep a Blog going and hopefully it'll get better as I go along:
    fpoole's Roam'n ROG's Blog, we'll see heheh and of course I have to introduce the Newest member of the Staff...

Li'l Nell... not finalized yet, but close... for the Little ACE 900 buggy...

[​IMG]

See you all next year.
    As Arnie used to say, "I'll Be BAaaack..."

fun.

19. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I'm looking forward to NW Roundup. It is getting close. It is always fun catching up on everyone's travels and meeting some new folks. I'll miss you Frank. Are you sure you can't make it? Looks like Bear is on his way to Maine. How are your travels going Bear?

20. Jim and Sue L.

That's the up-theenth person asking you to show up at NW Roundup, Frank. Aren't you feeling guilty yet? Jim asks, "Not even a drive-by?" That's a phrase an dazzling urbanite like myself wouldn't bandy about in such a cavalier manner, but Jim always was the devil-may-care type. All part of his charm with that classic Spanish profile and those bad, blue eyes from the French/Canadian side and...

What were we talking about?

Sue