Solar Hookup Solar Hookup Questions

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by trishanne, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Peg

Peg Novice

Hi
    I also purchased a Renogy 100 watt suitcase w/o the controller. When I picked up my 560 on April, Cary gave me a 3-prong plug made by Marinco. It is normally used for trolling motors. Does anyone else have this plug?
    [​IMG]

2. birder526

birder526 Novice

We did not have this plug when we had our 550 with the same Renogy portable solar panels. We used a 12v cigarette plug.

3. Peg

Peg Novice

I was expecting the 12v cigarette plug. I am hoping it will wire similarly so I plan to use Joan's instructions that were posted a while back.

4. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Thanks for pointing out the 9" adaptor kit. I think we ordered ours just in time...

5. Sraycock

Sraycock Newbie

Cary,
    I am going with the Zamp system as well and want to use the external battery connector. What is the best tool to use to cut a hole in the side of the camper and what is the best place to put the hole? I have a 560. Thought I would go right out the side of the battery compartment but don't want to mess up the metal. Wood cuts differently than metal so wasn't sure what to use.

If you have instructions somewhere that would be great.

6. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

I am a huge fan of Blair Rotabroach and Holcutters. They make very clean holes with minimum effort. Check Amazon for different sizes and kits. Not cheap but last a long time and excellent quality.