Winterize Video on YouTube

Discussion in 'Official Camp-Inn Area' started by Betsey, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Jenn,

Good info...I'll try to answer/address some of your topics.

It's an armillary sphere & it points to the North Star...and if you don't know what an armillary sphere is, use your Googling skills. ;)

For what it's worth, the spherical shape symbolizes the earth & being in the fire pit, it symbolizes global warming. The three horizontal rings supporting it represent the three ring political circus (branches of government) supporting our nation as we watch it go up in flames. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now that I have your attention....it didn't mean any of the last paragraph. Craig just thought it would be cool to have an armillary sphere & it fit in with the camping theme. ;) ;) ;)

The purpose of the videos is to show/instruct on the basic method/procedure. Then, if needed, you adapt it to your specific situation. There really isn't any way to show how to plan for every variable. The videos aren't going to show or not show anything you wouldn't have available to you at a campsite.

The little white square is the reset button. (If you look really closely, you will see it says "reset" on it.)

When all else fails read the owner's manual! At least, that's what I'm told... :)

Refer to page 29 "Electrical Troubleshooting Chart" and where it says:

"Problem: No power at 110 AC outlets." Solution #2 is to "press reset on the GFI outlet."

Also on p. 15 under AC/DC Classic & Ultra Models, the last paragraph says:

"While you are plugged in, you will have 110V AC power to the three prong receptacles in the kitchen and cabin. If you do not have 110V AC power at these receptacles, try pressing the 'Reset' button on the GFI kitchen receptacle.

Have you waterproofed the side tent? Ours leaked until I did this. I gave it 2 coats, seams, roof, walls, & floor, both inside & out. No water now, even in heavy rain. If you lost the bottle of waterproofing that came with the side tent, you can get waterproofing at any store like a Wal-Mart or a sporting goods store.

Great ideas! :) :) :)

You should order 2 more & make them into matching curtains! :D :D :D

If you are right handed, try sitting on the right side of the tear & turn on only the left light. Reverse if you are left handed.

:cool:

2. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Craig,
    I hope you include the pvc pipe addition - It makes setting the side tent up so much easier, helps position it and steady it in wind.

3. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Winterized The Far Fars today. Thanks for the video. I particularly liked the tip on making a funnel out of a soda bottle. I made one out of a water bottle and it did the trick.

4. JOJO410

JOJO410 Newbie

Hi there... This is a great video... I'm just wondering if others have been made? on this day, I would be interested in seeing a "Putting up a side tent video" (with roof racks).... I haven't tried yet, and believe I can get it done.. But would enjoy the video as well! Thank you,
    JoJo

5. Larry Running

Larry Running Junior Ranger Donating Member

I would love to see a video on how to adjust the brakes including the parking brake.
    Great ideas on the videos, great timing on the winterizing.
    Thank you!

6. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I would also love to see a video on adjusting brakes. Mine scream like crazy when applied. I had it to the rv place and they adjusted them and gave me a quick lesson in using the controller. They still scream. I had my son in law look at them. I jacked it up and he turned the wheels and said they are fine. Why do they scream? I just leave them off most of the time. I turn them on when in heavy traffic or traveling down the mountain. Anyone know a solution for this?

7. Rick  Sarah

Rick Sarah Novice

Were any of the suggested videos ever made? I did a search, but only found the winterizeing video.

8. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

There was a side tent video made but we haven't been able to figure out how to get it under 15 minutes long. The person doing the editing still hasn't finished it.

Pat, if your brakes are screaming you have them set too high. Back them off some.

Cary

9. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Thanks Cary, I'll back them off and see what happens. I haven't had any experience adjusting brakes.

10. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

maybe the side tent video could be split into two videos, Part 1-set up and Part 2-take down.