Itinerary Camp Inn Texans!

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Doug & Amber, Jan 10, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 05-13-16, 05-14-16, 05-15-16
  1. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yep! They had to go to Utah and will miss the Pedernales Falls Texas Teardrop. Hopefully their plans will change and they can make it.

2. birder526

birder526 Novice

Casandra,

Guilty as charged! Our plans changed due to a few factors and we won't be able to camp with you all. Very disappointing for us. But we are wearing our teardrop tee shirts with pride! We hope that this round up will be annual and perhaps earlier so we don't have issues with campsites not being available. We will look forward to hearing all about the weekend!! And 2017!

3. mrandolph

mrandolph Newbie

Sorry to hear you two are not going to make it. I'm still planning on coming but still can't reserve the 13th....just tried but nothing. I'll be there the 11th and 12th and hopefully they'll find a tiny spot for me to stay another nite. I'll keep checking. Any T shirts still available?

4. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Mary,

Just thought I'd pass along some info I've been working on as a backup plan for places to stay nearby since we are in the same boat with you & don't have a reservation in the park for the whole gathering.

There are two RV Parks near Pedernales Falls SP; both are in Johnson City......Road Runner RV Park looks to be about 12 miles away with sites for $28-$35 & Miller Creek RV Resort is about 15 miles away & sites are $35. I spoke with a lady at RoadRunner RV and she was very nice and said they do offer a discount for Good Sam & a few others if you are a member.

Not ideal, but at least it would be a way to stay nearby & still hang out with others at the gathering.

Casandra

5. Snudley

Snudley Novice

Just added our info to the list.

Also interested in a t-shirt.

6. mrandolph

mrandolph Newbie

Thanks for the info....I'm still hoping they'll find a spot for us.... I have to work Sunday so need to leave Saturday but will plan on one of those sites Friday nite if nothing comes up....what will they do if I just don't leave...??? (only kidding)

Mary

7. Mark & Casandra

Haha, Mary! I've had the same thought....about just not leaving the park. I wonder if we could find a place to park our teardrops incognito?

Are we planning on any organized activities, group hike, potluck, etc?

Casandra

8. mrandolph

mrandolph Newbie

I don't know....I will go with the flow!

9. Doug & Amber

We have never done the whole "Tear Drop Gathering" thing before so not sure what's expected. Pot luck dinner sounds fun though. How about we plan for Friday night May 13th Potluck, since some will not be with us on Saturday night.

Our plan was to roast a whole chicken in our Dutch Oven and quickly followed by peach cobbler. Plenty to share, especially if everyone brings something.

Having said that, it's all pretty chill and we will go with the flow. We are just excited to be out in our new TD and meeting and learning from other Camp-Inn folks.

10. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Potluck Friday works for us. We will bring our world famous BBQ chicken wings.

11. Mark & Casandra

*********MARY!!!!!!!!!!!**********

TWO campsite reservations just showed up available for Pedernales Falls State Park for Friday, May 13 of our Texan Roundup that you need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you can get online fast & snatch one of them up!

Casandra

12. Mark & Casandra

YAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Mary snagged the campsite she needed for Friday night of our Roundup! And I just found another one come open for Saturday night that we needed & was able to snag it! So, I think we are all good to go for the whole weekend now! :D

Casandra

13. mrandolph

mrandolph Newbie

Yeah!!!! Casandra, thank you thank you!!! Hated the idea of moving just when everyone else is coming in.... I have to work Sunday so will have to leave Saturday, hopefully late...You ROCK Casandra!!!

RE: Potluck....I'll bring an appetizer and dessert

14. birder526

birder526 Novice

So glad that the campground opened up some sites so you can all be together! Wish we could be with y'all!

15. Doug & Amber

Glad that everyone got the reservations they wanted.

I think Mary (since she's the first one there) could just explain to the Ranger that our group is coming in on Friday and hopefully the Ranger is understanding and would be nice enough to keep 5 surrounding campsites open for us. Fingers crossed.

My wife tells me we are now bringing Brazed Short Ribs to the pot luck on Friday night! Looks like I get to play with my Dutch Ovens. I'll also bake my Blueberry & Peach cobbler as well.

See everyone soon!

16. mrandolph

mrandolph Newbie

That was my thought...to talk with Ranger when I check in....hopefully there will be five together, particularly being Wednesday......

17. Doug & Amber

Awesome. Good luck, see you soon.

18. birder526

birder526 Novice

Soon you'll be changing your zero nights badge! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your trip with your new raindrop!

19. Doug & Amber

Fo sho, can't wait. Just cleared a spot in the garage for Boba Fett, just need to drive to Necedah and pick him up. The suspense is killing us. I wish ya'll were joining us at Pedernales in May, hopefully next year you can join us.

20. mrandolph

mrandolph Newbie

Congrats! I so love mine! I have 2 nites but don't know how to put up the nights badge.... Looking forward to meeting everyone.