Itinerary Camp Inn Texans!

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Doug & Amber, Jan 10, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 05-13-16, 05-14-16, 05-15-16
  1. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Mary,

It's under the MY STUFF tab at the top. Then under "edit profile".

2. birder526

birder526 Novice

Will miss you all!

3. mrandolph

mrandolph Newbie

Thanks, I'll try it.

4. Doug & Amber

We changed our "nights" badge to (1) - really it's 4 nights now and 1,325 miles. We have Boba Fett and can't wait to meet everyone in Pedernales Falls State Park May 13th.

Jay - please come prepared with instructions as to posting pictures. Maybe you should explain to my wife as she is more tech savvy than I.

Safe travels to all coming to the 1st Annual Texas Teardrop Roundup!!!

5. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Hey All,

I was out at Pedernales this weekend. I scoped out some sites to try and get if we can.

I was looking for sites that were relatively close, had plenty of shade, not horribly far from the bathrooms.

I think there are 6 of us coming...6 sites close together is a bit of a stretch, especially if we want trees around the sites.

Here is a map of the grounds...

[​IMG]

Sites 54-58 are probably the best. These are also pretty close to 59 and 61.

I think if we can get in these sites, that would be best.

7-10 are good and close together. Likewise 11-14 are good and close together. We could take 7-14 if we can get them. We would all be on the same row.

Everything from 21-46 have limited tree coverage. I would suggest avoiding those if we can.

I may send Valerie out first thing on Friday morning to try to secure a spot and then I drive out later that day. It's only about 35 mins or so from my front door so it is an easy drive.

Note, very spotty cell coverage in the park so it may be hard to reach each other via phone once on site.

I may be boon docking as I think the inverter went out on my trailer as I am not getting any shore power. Hoping to have time to fix it before next weekend.

6. Jay & Valerie

Posting pictures to this forum can be a little challenging if you are not familiar with the process.

Basically, you need to host your pictures on image hosting service. I use IMGUR, it's lost cost (think they have moved to a free model). It's is a bit clunky but works fine once you figure it out.

Upload your images to imgur...create/put them in an album if you want to keep organized.

Once you have them hosted online, you can then add them to posts here.

Get the image URL from your hosting service. With imgur, login to your account and go to all images (your images), find the image you want to post and look for the URL. Copy that URL to your clipboard (Control + C)

Then, in your blog post here, click on the Add Image icon...it will ask you if you want floating, left indent, etc. Pict whichever one you like as it just controls placement in the post. Paste the URL in the image box that pops open (Control + V).

Save your post and the image should appear in your post.

Regards,
    Jay

7. Doug & Amber

Thanks for the picture posting help and the State Park recon. Hope you are able to fix the shore power issue.

8. Doug & Amber

Jay, I think I understand the whole posting pics thing!!!!
    Thanks for the help.

[​IMG]

9. Jay & Valerie

Glad you got the image working.

Here is an birds eye view of the campground.

Area in red has little shade/tree coverage.

Area in blue are the only 2 bathrooms.

Areas in green are my recommendations for sites.

Lines in yellow are trails to bathroom

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Jay & Valerie

Got the power issue figured out. Having not gone through the orientation since we bought used, I did not realize they designed in a breaker that just tripped.

Simple reset and all is good.

Man, I love my trailer!

11. Doug & Amber

Nice. Glad to hear you fixed it. I thought that we would figure it out in Pedernales, but I'm guessing you called Cary. Our orientation went from 9:30am to about 4pm. Amber and I are now almost Camp-Inn 560 experts. Happy it's resolved, see you soon.

12. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

So glad your power issue was such a simple fix!

Just 4 more days.......getting super excited! Oh, and it's looking like we will not have any kids with us. This will be our first teardrop outing with NO kids.....not sure we can handle the lack of offspring supervision! :O

Is anyone bringing firewood for a group campfire? Not sure if we will haul wood that far, but we can bring our Little Red Campfire.

Casandra

PS: I'm planning to make a Taco Salad for the Friday night potluck and some type of dessert.

13. Doug & Amber

I am embarrassed to say, since I'm an Eagle Scout, but my wife made me purchase as propane fire pit. It's called the "Big Red Campfire" or something like that and we plan to bring it with us to Pedernales. Everyone is welcome to come over and hang out in our campsite if they don't mind the fake fire. I do have to admit that I won't mind crawling into Boba Fett and not smelling like smoke.

[​IMG]

14. Jay & Valerie

It's been pretty warm in the evening where not sure a campfire is really needed.

I was thinking we could do a movie night one evening. I have a pico projector, white sheet (for a screen) and 150+ movies on a hard drive. I can easily throw a 100" screen.

We could set up an outdoor movie night on Friday or Saturday.

As for a fire, I have my smudgepot but was planning on leaving it at home.

15. Doug & Amber

Movie night sounds like a great idea. If Friday night is Pot Luck dinner, let's plan for Saturday movie night. Plus we are making brazed short ribs with fresh baked bread and cobbler for dessert. That will take some time for clean up and all.

As for the campfire, my wife is so excited over her recent purchase, that there is no way I'd be allowed to leave it at home. LOL

16. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Movie night sounds fun! RV or Independence Day come to mind.....lol. We have "Historic Camping & Teardrop Trailers: An Educational Documentary" by Mark Janke if y'all would be interested & haven't already seen it. http://www.overlandtrailer.com/the-film/

Jay, how well are you able to see the movie on the screen while it's still daylight? Just wondering since most movies are close to 2 hours long & it doesn't get dark until 8:15-8:30 & quiet time in Texas State Parks starts @ 10pm.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  17. Jay & Valerie

Got both of them titles

Here are the ones I have currently converted from my DVD library. I have several more to go, just haven't had time to get them done.

Yes, these are all movies that I currently own in DVD format. I hit the boxes at Walmart when they put out them out for sale around the holidays.

My daughter worked at Hollywood Video before they closed and scooped up a bunch of movies when they went out of business. Then she went to work for Blockbuster and did the same thing. She has over 3000 movies on DVD.

Guess the moral of that story is if you own a video rental business, don't hire my daughter if you want your doors to remain open, LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for the projector, it is only 150 Lumens so it does need to be dusk or later to see it.

I have been looking at 300 lumen projectors, just not picked one up yet.

18. Doug & Amber

Holy movies Batman!!!!!!