Change of direction!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Evan, Apr 21, 2013.

1. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Great,you will do fine on psychology.

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

No, not that fast, Jenn. By the end of next winter.

3. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Evan- I'm not sure if the program is still available, but I took the Sociology Subject GRE (which is usually what you take for entry into a Master's program) for undergrad credit. I walked out after about an hour with 15 upper level and 15 lower level credits, plus a minor in Sociology! The Subject GRE is (or was 12 years ago) available for lots of different subjects. It may be worth asking your counselor about if you find (like I did) that you're pretty good at self-study and then testing as a means of credit. I did my entire undergrad via "non traditional" means, except for 2 in-residence classes, and my whole undergrad degree cost me about $1100 when all was said and done. I'll admit, I was a little lost when it came to navigating an actual campus when I did my Master's in-residence, but the self-study I was used to served me well then too!

Anyway...best of luck on your journey!

Oh...I found some links regarding the GRE tests:

http://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/subject/

http://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/scores/guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  4. Evan

Dan, thanks for the links. I'll check it out.

5. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hey Evan. Great job. Hope you are finding time for a little camping...

6. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Hey Evan! I'm slow on the draw - I just read about your decision in April and I just wanted to let you know that we think that's WONDERFUL! As a fellow Christian, I encourage you to continue to fight the good fight. The Lord needs many shepherds in these days. I knew by your sweet and calm spirit that He had His hand upon you. I'll be praying for you and your family. May the Lord continue to bless you all!

7. Evan

Update:

Today was the last day of the insanely compressed summer quarter (6 weeks instead of 11). I took 15 credits and managed to get a 4.0 GPA. With the CLEP tests this puts me at 40 of 90 credits - just under half.

We're going to take 2 or 3 weeks off in September before the CICO and travel all over the Midwest, visiting both seminary campuses and friends.

Perhaps we'll run into some of you on the road...
    Happy travels!

8. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Wow! Congrats on a perfect GPA! Already almost halfway there - you'll be finished before you know it.
    Let me know if you're interested in finding campgrounds in the area, there are some good ones...

9. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

We aren't midwest, but you are still welcome to visit if we are on the way (or even if we aren't!).

10. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

See? I told you: follow your bliss (thank you, Joseph Campbell) and things will work out.

Of course, good brains and hard work is a big help...

Kudos on your GPA and have fun traveling.

Camp On,

Sue

11. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Evan great job can't wait to meet You, Lena and Katie at the CICO.

12. Hi Evan: I'm just catching up on posts, and wanted to congratulate you on your big decision.

Can't wait to meet you at CICO.

Downsized likes this.
  13. Evan

Thanks, Rick - we'll see you soon!

14. Evan

Today, I just got the news that I've been officially accepted at the St. Louis seminary. This is great news considering that I was asking them to bend a few rules to let me in. (Non-degree application, etc...)

On Wednesday, I'll hear back from the folks at Ft. Wayne as well. Either way, we'll be in the Midwest by June!

15. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Evan great news good things happen to good people.

16. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congratulations, Evan.

17. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Very exciting Evan. I hope you and your family all do well in a new location. Pat

18. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

That's great news, Evan! Congrats! 1 down, 1 to go.

19. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Am very happy for you. The PNW will miss you but hope you are able to make it out for a gathering periodically.

K & B

20. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Congrats Evan! It sounded like you really liked that one (and so did the family). So glad things are working out. It is just a sign that it is meant to be the direction you are supposed to take. We will miss you for sure, so make sure you come out for a visit every so often! That, and we might make a stop to see you...possibly on the way to CICO one year? Hmmmm....need to work that out one of these days!